MP for Baghdad Central Suspended by Labour Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP for Baghdad Central Suspended by Labour Party

well it's about time, lets hope this national disgrace gets what he deserves.

from the BBC:

Labour suspends Galloway

George Galloway has been suspended from the Labour Party pending "internal party investigations".

The left-winger had come under fire for remarks he made at the height of the Iraq war when he branded Tony Blair a wolf and made comments seen as urging Arabs to rise up against the coalition forces.

He had also said, in an interview with Abu Dhabi television, that British troops should refuse to follow what he said were illegal orders.

Mr Galloway immediately hit back at the suspension, describing it as "completely unjust" and "prejudicial" to his libel action against the Daily Telegraph.

In recent days Mr Galloway has been under the spotlight after the Daily Telegraph printed allegations about his relationship with the fallen Iraqi regime.

Its claims, which Mr Galloway strongly denies, are to be investigated by Parliament's standards watchdog Philip Mawer.

The commissioner will investigate whether the MP was paid money which was not declared to the Commons fees office.

Prejudice?

The investigation comes after Conservative MP Andrew Robathan wrote to Mr Mawer after the Daily Telegraph claimed Mr Galloway accepted up to £375,000 a year from Iraq.

Mr Robathan said it would be "extraordinary" if nobody asked him to examine "these extremely serious allegations".

After the complaint, Mr Galloway said the matter would be "adjudicated upon by the real courts of the law" in the two libel actions he had begun against The Daily Telegraph and the Boston-based Christian Science Monitor.

He added: "I am sure the House authorities would do nothing to prejudice my legal rights.

"No doubt Mr Robathan will fume but justice demands that I be allowed to pursue my legal actions without a political stab in the back going on in parallel."
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

This is more than mere corruption. It is treason. I hope he hangs.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Since there has not been more evidence to back Telegraph's assertion, you are making your judgement on awfully little.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
        This is more than mere corruption. It is treason. I hope he hangs.
        hanging for corruption?
        man, in what mid age country did you grow up?
        justice is might

Comment

he means the treason bit i think
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

How exactly has he kept his seat for this long? What is his constituency?
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

somewhere in glasgow, he's kept his seat because the local labour party has sympathy with his loony left views (in britain parliamentry candidates are selected locally rather than nationally).

Comment

Am I right in thinking that Treason is the only thing we still have the death penalty for in the UK?
                (Or is that just High Treason? Is there a difference between the two?)
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Treason and playing the bagpipes on Hampstead Heath.
                  And I'm with those who want a little more evidence before Galloway goes down. He's not clean, but let's at least find out how mucky he is.
                  "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

As far as I know the entire EU has banned the death penalty. Leftists made it their celebraty issue a few decades back and tied the ban to continued financial assistance from Brussels.

BTW Giving aid and support as well as urging enemy nationals to attack your nations military personnel is treason. I wish this coward would hang but failing that he should atleast never be allowed to hold a position of trust again.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by oedo
                      man, in what mid age country did you grow up?
                      USA! USA! USA!

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                        Am I right in thinking that Treason is the only thing we still have the death penalty for in the UK?
                        (Or is that just High Treason? Is there a difference between the two?)
                        Just imagine the Media puns if he were sent to the gallows. In any event, the death penalty was taken off all the books by the signing of the European Convention on Human Rights.

I think it unfair that everyone here has already decided he is guilty when no bona fide evidence has been presented.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Good news for Labour.

I'm sure this guy won't be missed once he finds a suitable rock to crawl under.

Comment

No death penalty for treason?

Lock him up in a "gay" prison then, if you know what I mean.

In the US, we have Scott Ritter. But at least he acknowledged he was being paid by Saddam. He then lost all credibity.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                            X