Why do people do drugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people do drugs?

Seems like a simple easy question. But I don't know the answer. enlighten me.

Escape from reality. Europhia.

I'm guessing, since I've never done any.
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I should add that I have done marijuana before. But I hardly consider that a drug.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        I should add that I have done marijuana before. But I hardly consider that a drug.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I knew I wouldn't become addicted to it.

I've heard great things about the effects of cocaine. It's one of the best drugs out there. I don't do it because it is so addictive.

so why would someone do something they would get addicted to?

Comment

Why have a beer, watch a football game, or parachute out of a plane? Pleasure, fun, excitement, experimentation...
            Some, even many, have suffered emotional trauma and seek to ease their pain. Some people over eat in response to emotional troubles, some take it out on others which in turn may lead their victims to suffer emotionally and seek pain relief with drugs or other behaviors. The people who get addicted tend to have addictive personalities, i.e., a drive away from moderation and toward excess. If not drugs, these people still exhibit their addictive personalities in other ways.

Comment

quite elaborate, berzerker.

... we're all addicted to something.People, substances, habits.... Drugs add the physical addiction part, which in that case kills your body. But so does beer.... and beer is legal....

Comment

Cos they feel 'cool' - so basicallly Peer pressure. For some anyway.
                Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
                  Cos they feel 'cool' - so basicallly Peer pressure. For some anyway.
                  Peer pressure is for stupis weak minded people and i don't consider people in general stupid and weak minded.

BTW, do you consider hashish a drug Dissident?

Comment

You know the answer to the old riddle, "Why do dogs lick their balls?"

Same answer here.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

And the answer is?

Comment

"Because they can!"
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                          "Because they can!"
                          Does that explain why i lick my balls too?

Comment

My personal reasons for taking drugs:

Alcohol: it tastes good, and it's an ancient (and fun) tradition to get drunk. I did start drinking alcohol trough peer pressure though; my parents really began pushing me to start drinking beer/wine when I was around 15y.

Weed: It's like an appetizer before dinner for me.

Shrooms: I don't know why I take shrooms. It's fun, but not fun-fun, I only take them when I'm alone. It's a bit like trying to induce sleep paralysis or lucid dreaming...
                            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect

Does that explain why i lick my balls too?
                              Of course it explains "why." "How," on the other hand...

Comment

Working...
                              X