help with bin files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with bin files

Im trying to extract some bin files but I dont have a program that will do it for me, does anyone know of a free program that will do this for me?

What bin files? From where and what?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Are you talking about binary files?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think he's talking about Wintel files with the ".bin" extension.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Oh

What are those Urban?
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Well some old programs (not really Windows mostly DOS) use them. Most are extensions to programs under one of the protected mode DPMI, which allows you to have programs longer than permitted by DOS.

However, in the bad old days (even today), anybody can call parts of their software ".bin" files with mysterious purposes. If you think about it, it's just a silly extension - all computer files are by definition binary.

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Okay, these other BIN files is about CD/VCD stuff.

Comment

Re: help with bin files

Originally posted by jinif
                  Im trying to extract some bin files but I dont have a program that will do it for me, does anyone know of a free program that will do this for me?
                  Winiso, but it's not free (and the trial doesn't allow you to extract large files IIRC)

Or you can mount it with Daemon Tools
                  In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                  In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Don't know if this one is free either

isobuster
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

if you know for a fact that it's some sort of non-cd image that's a compressed file, then winrar might be the best bet.

other wise, www.nero.com
                      B♭3

Comment

You need a CUE file to accompany the BIN to give track information.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why? I've always found that just extacting the file is enough.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for all the help!!!
                            I tried isobuster it is free and it worked

Comment

Working...
                            X