No announcement yet.

May 5th, Liberation Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair Im not sure what Stalingrad had to do with freedom. Unless it was freedom to be ruled by a murdering psycopath who could sign your death warrant in yor own language.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

To be fair Im not sure what Stalingrad had to do with freedom.

Let's just say that without the Soviet sacrifices I probably would be speaking German...

Thanks Sloww, you may be getting on my nerves sometimes with your overblown US patriotism but you're okay in my book
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Yay, go non-fascists!
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday also... their independence day I think.
          Drinco on Cinco isn't Mexico's Independence Day. Instead it celebrates the defeat of the French Imperialist forces in Mexico. Most of that had to do with the hard work of the Mexican revolutionaries but not a small bit of it goes to the U.S. for telling France to get out ASAP or we'd send the million man Union Army down there to drive them out. After that Napoleon III decided to stop sending troops to support "Emperor" Maximillian so he couldn't defend his regime against the revolutionaries.

I'd also like to say that my contrabution to the4 celibration included drinking until 3am and being to hung over to go to work today.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
          X