No announcement yet.

Help needed : finding a housing in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, "training course" is the lousy translation I have found in the dictionary of the word "stage", i.e a short period of time (usually a few months) where the students work in a real workplace in order to learn something that goes along with their studies (not a small job done to earn some money).

For an international PolSci student such as her, the UN would be a terrific place for a "training course"
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Getting anything at the UN is nearly impossible in that form. The UN does not have internship or anything such. And they work through national quotas: if their French quota is full, no more French get work.

The best place for her to look would be to examine what summer courses Universities are going to be having, such as NYU, Columbia, Fordham, Hunter College, CUNY, Long Island Univeristy, Barnard. But as for getting real-hand experience in Internationan studies or Politics? I don't think that would happen, or if that even exists in this city. The best that could happen is if she contacts some private org that does lobbying of some sort, perhaps some French-US tarde org or something else that tries to imporve relations between said states (lots of work now)
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

AH, I know there was a real world. She'll be an intern of course ! Now that Clinton is gone, I have nothing to fear

I didn't know there wasn't internship at the UN, so I'll try to look for French-American NGOs for her. I suppose there will be some things there (she has already had an internship in a NGO under UNESCO authority btw)
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          AH, I know there was a real world. She'll be an intern of course ! Now that Clinton is gone, I have nothing to fear

I didn't know there wasn't internship at the UN, so I'll try to look for French-American NGOs for her. I suppose there will be some things there (she has already had an internship in a NGO under UNESCO authority btw)
          hi ,

there are plenty of offices and organisations she can have an internship , especially in NY , ....

if she needs help , .....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Well, couldn't she seak woth any of her aquiantances from that job? They might know of some stuff as well.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by gsmoove23
              Is panag a fellow Staten Islander? Richmond Terrace is nice, cheap rent, a little run down though and I'm not sure about crime unless you're next to the police station. Staten Island is a nice place to live but boring as hell and the commute to the city is long. Rents are lower and very little crime though.

If they have money to spend I would suggest Brooklyn. Williamsburg, Park Slope, Fort Greene. Some beautiful neighborhoods that most tourists never see.
              I presume you mean the artsy part of Williamsburg, not the Chassidic part?
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
              X