Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooooh cool.

Got me new eyeglasses today.

Of course he looks gay. I look far better than him with the glasses.

They also have those neat shades which attach with little magnets on the eyeglasses. So neat

Very good. Accept the aging process in stride.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Glasses = old age ???
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

He keeps pocking me because he didn't have his cornbread yet. My glasses are the first model they show when you click eyewear BTW.

Comment

Why didn't you just have your eyes fixed with laser surgery? I had that done a few months ago and I am completely staggered with how great it is!

Comment

Not everyone is a good candidate for laser surgery.
            Me, for example.
            Astigmatism in one eye is my only problem.
            Laser is no good for that condition.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It's not? Aw hell.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Not to mention that laser surgery goes wrong from time to time and 20 years ago there advising having yours eyes cut manually and there all going blind now.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
                  Why didn't you just have your eyes fixed with laser surgery? I had that done a few months ago and I am completely staggered with how great it is!
                  Good for you!

Not for me thanks

I don't have much myopy just 1 and 2 degrees and I wouldn't feel at ease tampering with my eyes. AFAIK There are some potential drawbacks in lazer surgery, like seeing a faint glow on the optical periphery of the eye at night, having some problems if your eyes re-change shape (which they will do as you get older etc) and the worse of all: the detachment of the amphivlistroeidous (dont know the name in english). Luckily those chances are not applicable to you.

Comment

Sloww: It used to be that they couldn't fix astigmatism but that is sorted now. My eye (I only had one done) was partly astigmatic and now it is completely fixed.

Paik: When they do the laser surgery they are limited by the size of the laser they can use, so that they can only change the shape of the 'centre' part of your eye surface.
                    The glow or halo at night is caused but your pupil dilating so much that some of the light is coming from the untreater part of your cornea. But now they have lasers which will fix the shape right out to larger anglular distances, so this isn't a problem anymore.

Also, for many people the eye changing shape in later years is not a problem, because you can just have your eye recut. It used to be that the cutting (they cut away a layer of your cornea) was severe enough that it could only be done once. Now they are good enough to make the cut really shallow. I was told that they could do the operation they did up to 30 times on the same eye. This is of course less if you have a particularly thin cornea (I have a particularly thick one).

To anyone with glasses, I would heartily recommend at least checking this out.

Comment

Astigmatism correctable ??

Wait a second. It makes me nervous just combing my hair.
                      Guess I'll down a quaalude, and they can prop my eyes open.

Comment

Are these your glasses Paiktis?

If so, they're cool. Mine are a similar style.
                        Attached Files
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I have glasses

I never use them though

Jon MIller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Just use contacts..
                            I've had them for 20 years now (hardly ever take them out),.

Comment

FP that's them.

I used to wear contacts, now I don't feel like bothering with them. Handy when you play sports though.

Comment

Working...
                              X