Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grooming Thread Part 3: What's the Best Shampoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grooming Thread Part 3: What's the Best Shampoo?

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    So we had the deoderant thread and then the facial thread. Now I am in search of the ultimate shampoo and/or conditioner.

I am using the Pantene Pro-V shampoo/conditioner in one combo and really like it. Specially the way my hair shines. But then Asher said the lady that cuts his hair said it sucks! She said this Biolage stuff was way better.

Normally I don't follow their recommendations because they are probably just trying to make a profit off of selling you stuff. (When I was a kid this lady always sold us this Nexxus stuff and it ALWAYS sucked). But Asher said that it made his hair the bomb after using it for a couple of weeks.

So what is the ultimate shampoo!?!

Ladies, gay men, True Players, and Zylka your responses are welcome!
    I got samples of that Pantene Pro-V shanpoo/conditioner in the mail, and it impressed me enough to switch. I'm still using it.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I use whatever Bob Marley used.

Comment

You can't have shampoo and conditioner at the same time. To put it another way, you can't take something out and put something in at the same time.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
          Head and Shoulders, as it's the only thing that's seemed to actually do anything about my dandruff.
          Head and Shoulders not only failed to reduce my dandruff - it contributed to it!

After a week it was worse, but i kept using it. After a couple more weeks, i had a thick crust over my entire scalp If i kept using it i could have become a Suliban extra on Star Trek! Without makeup!!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            You can't have shampoo and conditioner at the same time. To put it another way, you can't take something out and put something in at the same time.
            Tell it to the glaciers.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
              Tell it to the glaciers.
              Believe me, you don't want one of them to "run" over your head.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I am a head and shoulders man myself, but I also got a bottle of very...'interesting' shampoo on a road trip when I was in need of a clean scalp and lustrious locks. Lemme give you an excerpt from the bottle:

Front:

Té Tao
                Chinese Herbal Therapy

Tea for Hair (It's italisized on the bottle, I swear)

Lotus Tea Thickening(!) Shampoo

Adds Volume and Shine to Fine, Flyaway(WTF?), or Thinning Hair

Back:

CHINESE HERBAL MEDICINE first evolved in the mountains of ancient China as Taoist philosophers searched for the elusive ELIXER OF LIFE. Over the centuries, they learned of the remarkable healing powers of carefully combined plants and minerals taken in tea form...incredible benefits which Té Tao now brings to your hair.(Again, the all caps bolded sections are on the bottle as well.)

This formulation is governed by Water one of the Five Elemental Energies and contains the legendary elixer of life 'He Shou Wu'.

I know, it's gimmicky as hell. But it does smell nice, and it wasn't any more expensive than the other stuff. Oh, it's made in England as well.
                Talent Optional

Comment

Where did you get this stuff from?

Comment

Pert Plus.

simple, cheap, and does the job.
                    B♭3

Comment

Local drugstore in a town outside Seattle.
                      Talent Optional

Comment

I never use shampoo

Comment

A friend of mine went to a soap specialty store and bought this crap shampoo with beer in it. He normally smells like beer, though, so it was no big loss on his part.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

i use this coconut stuff from costco. considering i have short hair though it doesnt matter.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

White Rain. Its the cheapest and gets my hair clean. Sometimes I spring for Suave...
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Dep. It's cheap and it comes in 1 litre bottles (handy when you have hair as long as mine is)
                                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                                X