More US Funding of Terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More US Funding of Terrorism

Thru a USAID program that gave charities matching funds for private donations, corporations and private citizens (and politicians) giving money to islamic charities like the Holy Land Foundation were in fact funding Al Qaida according to "60 Minutes". How bizarre, the very politicians who want to protect us from terrorism were stealing our money to enrich terrorists. But they want to blame you for smoking pot?

I´ve long since stopped to be amazed over the hypocritical inconcistencies (sp?) of american foreign policy.
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Just what is the problem with financing terrorism ? It was perfectly OK at the time the US wanted to weaken the USSR and Arabic nationalism.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Spiff - It is all right to finance pro democracy freedom fighters who might be forced to use unconventional means to fight their Anti American oppressors but it is wrong to fund evil terrorists.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Re: More US Funding of Terrorism

Originally posted by Berzerker
          Thru a USAID program that gave charities matching funds for private donations, corporations and private citizens (and politicians) giving money to islamic charities like the Holy Land Foundation were in fact funding Al Qaida according to "60 Minutes".
          Ah yes, "60 Minutes," the ultimate in reliable facts.

Mind you, I am not saying they are wrong, but just basing your entire opinion on one source seems to be... naive.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

"
            Ah yes, "60 Minutes," the ultimate in reliable facts"

60 minutes is a realiable source, but....

Keep in mind berzerker, this wasn't the intent of the program, the intent was to encourage charitable giving. I am pretty certain that USAID is not trying to encourage Islamic terrorism. To it's credit, the government has been fairly agressive at going after islamic "charities" that support terrorism since 9/11
            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

It is all right to finance pro democracy freedom fighters who might be forced to use unconventional means to fight their Anti American oppressors but it is wrong to fund evil terrorists.
              Pro-Democracy forces were being funded in Afghanistan? One group's "unconventional means" is another's terrorism. Btw, if you think the Contras were pro-democracy, just who do you think they were before the Sandanistas? Somoza's henchmen who helped prop up his dictatorship. But feel free to identify these pro-democracy freedom fighters the US was funding, I think you'll find the US was neither interested in funding pro-democratic forces much less people who actually believed in freedom.

Comment

UR I guess you didn't see the episode, "60 Minutes" invited an investigator on who had been tracking how Al Qaida was being funded and the Bush administration used her information to shut down the Holy Land Foundation.

Shi -
                Keep in mind berzerker, this wasn't the intent of the program, the intent was to encourage charitable giving.
                Nor is it the intent of drug users to fund Al Qaida, but intent doesn't matter when politicians are trying to blame them. It's called a double standard...

Comment

I think the far more important part of the show was the fact that they showed that our "allies" our funding our enemies.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That isn't new , what was new (to me anyway) was that the Congress was giving our money to these terrorists via the USAID program.

Comment

hrrm I dont see why u r flipping out, I hardly think the intent of the USAID program was to fund terorrism.

oh wait, it helps ur politics to flip out. well carry on then.

Comment

That isn't new , what was new (to me anyway) was that the Congress was giving our money to these terrorists via the USAID program.
                        It's not like they knew they were giving the money to terrorists.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh come on! A lot of people are employed by defense industries, a type of employment that at least isn't going to be shipped off to foreign workers.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

That isn't new , what was new (to me anyway
                            I'll bet it is to many Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
                              I´ve long since stopped to be amazed over the hypocritical inconcistencies (sp?) of american foreign policy.
                              For the sake of not being a hypocrit, i hope you have also stopped being amazed or in denial when other nations are equally hypocritical as well...
                              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X