Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm staying up all night

Wheee.

I've decided to not go to bed, since I haven't done that at all since I've come to college. That and I don't have anything to do until tuesday afternoon, when I have finals. I've decided to keep myself entertained by talking to my girlfriend, who is also seeing how late she can stay up. I live such an exciting life.

So, to keep this thread from simply dying, talk about your staying up late stories.

you sound like a kid

I remember when I was a kid and vowed to do that. It took a long time before I was able to stay up all night.

Now I can do it easily. I've done it several times playing games like civ2 and baldur's gate 2.

Comment

Once, i had a horrible case of insomnia, as a kid. I spent all those hours looking out the window, and at the walls.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

i'm damn close...it's 5:00 here.
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I've reached the point where I don't really ever get sleepy at all any more... that can't be healthy...

Comment

hell I remember when I was a kid I could never stay up to midnight on new years eve. I was a teenager before I could do that

I think my first time staying up all night was playing an axis and allies game . real exciting isn't it . I wish I could say I was screwing a chick all night, but that never happened.

Comment

Diss has it. Play Civ. What else would you stay up all night for?

Oh.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

One semester I had to study for a religion final. I didn't know ANYTHING for the class so I decided to do an all-nighter. After i got off of work at 9 I brewed myself a pot of coffee.

Anyway, about 2 o'clock I ran out of coffee filters so I used paper towels to hold the coffee grinds, but the grinds ended up in the pot anway. By the end of the night I drank 5 pots of coffee and took my religion test at 7:00 a.m.

About halfway through the final, I felt like I was going to throwup and rushed through it. I ran to the bathroom and dry heaved for about 10 minutes.

I'm never doing that again.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                  One semester I had to study for a religion final. I didn't know ANYTHING for the class so I decided to do an all-nighter. After i got off of work at 9 I brewed myself a pot of coffee.

Anyway, about 2 o'clock I ran out of coffee filters so I used paper towels to hold the coffee grinds, but the grinds ended up in the pot anway. By the end of the night I drank 5 pots of coffee and took my religion test at 7:00 a.m.

About halfway through the final, I felt like I was going to throwup and rushed through it. I ran to the bathroom and dry heaved for about 10 minutes.

I'm never doing that again.

What did you end up scoring on that test, anyways?

Comment

well....seeing as how I was getting a 'D' for the class, the prof said I got a 'B' for the final. But I ended up getting a 'C' for the class.

All that work for a lousy C. Bah!
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I slept pretty badly last night. I was restless all night, until about 5ish I just had a kind of a jolt and after that felt more pacified and was able to sleep. However, the sleep was pretty broken until about 6ish (I even had a case of sleep paralysis - that was weird) and then finally managed to get sleep.
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Im not going to sleep tonight either, more a case of I lost track of time and if I go to bed now I wont wake up in time for work than Im bored so I think I'll see how long I can go without sleep.

During our schools standardized testing I stayed up 3 days straight, just to see how well I could think without sleep. I ended up finishing before everyone (as always) but I havent gotten the results yet, I have to wait for next year (B.S.)

edit: I just remembered, everyone 10th grade and up took the HSGQE (High School Graduate Qualifying Exam) and Im in 10th grade, I really hope I passed it, it was boring and I dont want to have to take it again

Comment

Space makes the dangerous play... how unusual.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

depending upon which timezone your perception of my writing this is from, i'm staying up all night too
                            -connorkimbro
                            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Insomniac party!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X