• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misterrogers, formerly Asteroid No. 26858

i just think this is kinda cool.
    B♭3

Yep.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Who?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The International Astronomical Union names comets, asteroids and surface features such as moon craters after individuals.

The honors cannot be bought, and they are based on merits judged by the astronomers.

Is that really a good idea?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I only hope that Misterrogers doesn't one day send us the way of the dinosaurs. Having the human race wiped out by Misterrogers would be just too much to take.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

It would be a lot easier to post some kind of comment on this epoch-making news if you were to tell us who Misterrogers is.

Until then,

Comment

Sadly, Mister Rogers has passed on. Formerly he was a kids show host we Americans grew up with. Really a good man. He wore button down sweaters.

Comment

Wait a minute, isn't he the one who got in some kind of trouble for doing something in public which he should, um, rather have done in private?

Or was that somebody else.

Comment

That must have been someone else.

Comment

Well it certainly must be an honour to have an asteroid named after you, but shouldn't it be required that you have some kind of connection with the field of Astronomy/Physics/Space Exploration? I think that would be the most logical approach.

Comment

I think the one you're talking about, Winston, was the guy who does Peewee Herman. or Barney. But Mr. Rogers never got into any trouble.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

So one day, "MisterRogers" could kill us? That's comforting.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Mr. Rogers was a Presbyterian Minister who ran a show on US's PBS. An educational show which had some gems of songs like "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood~" and had as a centerpiece a journey via trolley to a fantasy land populated by puppets.

PeeWee Herman was the guy who found himself a bit exposed.
                          B♭3

Comment

What did PeeWee Hermann do exactly ?
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

spanky the w4nky
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X