No announcement yet.

Help Tingkai visit Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the tour of the Imperial palace and make sure you go to Owano (spelling?) park. It's the place with all the cherry blossoms which you see in all the postcards and travel books plus all the major museums are located there.

Tokyo is a great city I would go back in a heart beat if it wasn't so expensive.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Don't go to the supposedly super cheap electronics district. I forgot the name but it's in all the guide books as supposedly a cheap place to pick up Japanese made goods, but, it's not. Just about everything there I could buy more cheaply in the US and the warrenties don't work if you take them back home.
      Last edited by Dinner; May 2, 2003, 21:10.

Comment

I concur entirely with Oerdin, he hit the nail on the head. Akihabara is a big waste of time and money.

Go to Kyoto if you like shrines. Personally, I do, so I thought it was great. If you do, and you go there, try the moss garden shrine (forgot what it's called, kokadera or something).

Of course, if shrines aren't your cup of tea, Kyoto probably isn't your place. I didn't do much at Tokyo when I was there, so I can't really comment on that.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Having been to both Korea and Japan I can tell you just about everything more then 50 years old has been recreated using "Feroconcrete" as the English language guide books say. War has been a ***** to the historic monuments of these two countries.

Comment

What is feroconcrete?

Comment

Thanks for all the advice.

I'll definitely check out the Imperial Palace. Harajuku sounds cool.

I have to decide in the next couple of hours whether to stay in Ginza or Shinjuku. I leaning towards Shinjuku. Sounds like a more interesting area.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                If you want, I'll send you pictures of me having a great time with Japanese girls. Would that cheer you up?
                For some reason, Japan is the only country where girls think I am cute. I wish you luck.
                Lime roots and treachery!
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                X