X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins...

Your days are numbered...

Squirrel chased girl up tree

Firemen in Germany had to rescue a terrified 10-year-old girl after she was chased up a tree by a squirrel.

Lisa Fremmel climbed on to one of the lower branches of a pine tree at Krumbach in Germany when the squirrel appeared below her and tried to bite her shoe.

The squirrel made so much noise and was so aggressive the 10-year-old climbed further up the tree to try and get away, but the squirrel followed her.

Squirrel expert Walter Koenig from the German Park Authority said: "The squirrel may have regarded her shoes as a rival, as they are very territorial at this time of year, or it may just have been protecting a store of nuts."

When the girl was almost 30 foot up and unable to go further she started crying, and the squirrel, apparently satisfied at chasing her off, scampered off to another tree. But Lisa was unable to get back down.

Her cries were heard by a passer by who called emergency services, and a fireman had to climb up the tree to free her.
    Stop Quoting Ben

First of all, who climbs a tree to escape a squirrel!? Its a squirrel..they live in trees!!!

Second..I always think of Kosh when anyone says "and so it begins"

Second: not if my Scotty has anything to dow ith it: she will fight to stem the evil rodent masses!
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I thought this had something to do with the second season of B5 being available on DVD.
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

First of all, who climbs a tree to escape a squirrel!? Its a squirrel..they live in trees!!!
          Apparently foolish humans, who will fall before the might of my cute fuzzy-tailed masters...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

****ing hell, I'm going to Germany Friday, that could be ME!

Comment

I always find the human instinct to flee from animals that can't really hurt them interesting. I mean, a poisonous animal, sure, run like the wind: one big or strong enough to maul you, then yeah, run, but an animal many times smaller, lighter, and without the access to tools? Why?

It is amazing though she climbed 30 feet up.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Wow... why'd this happen in Germany, and not France?

Comment

I refuse to believe this story.

Why?

If you look to the left of Ananova, you will see a name-orange. He would do something like this, just to cause mass hysteria!!!

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I always find the human instinct to flee from animals that can't really hurt them interesting. I mean, a poisonous animal, sure, run like the wind: one big or strong enough to maul you, then yeah, run, but an animal many times smaller, lighter, and without the access to tools? Why?
                    Accordinging to unsubstantiated rumors, the largest cause of injury for visitors to University of Notre Dame is squirrel bites. They have very sharp teeth, and people keep feeding them from the palm of their hands...

One of these days they will learn to savor the taste of blood, and Notre Dame will be no more... (Go, squirrels, go!!!!!!!!!)
                    Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Re: And so it begins...

Originally posted by Boshko
                      Squirrel expert Walter Koenig from the German Park Authority said:
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Climbing up a tree is not very wise... I seen those things basically get up there in no time.. I would of ran off to the nearest store.

I got chased by some crazy squirrel while in Virginia. The thing chased me like a 1/4 of a mile down a path, until I entered a 7/11 convenience store.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Or you could just bend it like Beckham..
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'll bet climbing trees to avoid wild beasts is ingrained in human nature. This is, after all, how we survived the eons of the stone age and before.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

People sometimes makes the mistake of fleeing a bear to tree.. not realizing they climb trees like ballerinas.
                              If bear attacks, it's faster and stronger, so you might just attack it too. Go for the eyes son!
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X