No announcement yet.

Banknotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a small collection of the old silver notes, plus some Civil War-era bills. I always try to keep some of the new bills in mint condition, but then I realize I want to spend the money, dammit, so that's that.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed that the EU didn't make the euro a plastic banknote like in Romania, Australia, and New Zealand. Paper money is boring dammit.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Are the plastic banknotes as flexible as paper ?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yep. They can do everything paper notes can do except be torn. They last a lot longer.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I want pics of the plastic banknotes!
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

There's a poem in "micro writing" on my driving licence. They probably use that on notes as well?
              CSPA

Comment

The Australian $5 note:

The Australian $10 note:

-Richard Dawkins

Comment

I didn't know the Australians loved disco so much
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

US currency is actually cloth not paper, and the easiest way to tell counterfit bills is usually by touch.

The red and blue threads are silk iirc.
                    Be the bid!

Comment

I like American money. It's elegant, not like the notes here, and in europe.

our central bank has thought of a brand new spanking way to protect from forgery. Get this: ( )

urgh.NSFW

Comment

American money? urgh...I really dislike American money. It's uuuuuuugly.

The new Canadian $10 note however, this thing is a work of art:

-Richard Dawkins

Comment

They're pretty.

Starchild: I find a certain classical quality in them. They're like toxidos, they don't use fancy colours, do they?
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I have one silver twenty dollar bill. I put it away and I forget about it when I run out of regular money. I'll probably remember it one day and spend it.

I wonder how much it's worth...
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Starchild,

That's a very nice looking bill. Now will you guys please change your coins! They are just like ours.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X