Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Fans Come Here!!

Who here likes beer?

Well I sure do! I ran into this store today that imports beers from all over the world and I wanted advice and names from all you foriegn people. (just joking).
    I have been making a beer collection (yes the bottles are empty) for many years and I had been running out of new bottles to buy. But now, a whole WORLD of hublon is open to me! I need names of good beers and the name of your country so that I ask if he can get them!

Thank you!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Beer? Christ, there's cheaper ways to get drunk and there's better tasting drinks if you don't want to get drunk.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Beer? Christ, there's cheaper ways to get drunk and there's better tasting drinks if you don't want to get drunk.
      Depends on your taste Asher, and the title said Beer fans, go troll else where.

Thank you.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

In college I had a beer bottle collection with more then 300 different types of beer. It kind of took over the apartment and even after we washed out the bottles we'd still get small flies breeding inside of them. Try Macking girls at your house when it smells like stale beer and has lots of little flies buzzing her all of the time. I doesn't work well; trust me.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Umm, too much to list.

Some examples:

Germany: Warsteiner, Holsten, Flensburger . . .
          The original (Czech) Budweiser, which has fortunately nothing to do with the US Bud.
          Blah

Comment

I'd also like to take this time to say that Raid's home foggers don't work very well at all. We had to set those things off in the old apartment half a dozen times and they never succeed in killing all of the little bastards.

Enjoy the beer but don't keep the bottles.

Comment

Go down to your local Beverages & more and just start buying different beers. Also most Super markets stock different brands so shop around and you'll find a large variety. Lastly, Alan Jackson has written a dozen different "Best Beers of the World" books and Beer Magazine is filled with many exellent but little known favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                In college I had a beer bottle collection with more then 300 different types of beer. It kind of took over the apartment and even after we washed out the bottles we'd still get small flies breeding inside of them. Try Macking girls at your house when it smells like stale beer and has lots of little flies buzzing her all of the time. I doesn't work well; trust me.

I made shelves 3" wide from floor to roof in the basement and it takes to wall, it looks very good. Also, if you dont want it to smell, you just have to rinse the bottle with paint thiner before you put them in the shelves. And lastly, I already have a girlfriend, a kid and a house so I have no problems with what you mentioned.

Can we stick to the subject now?

SPec.

Comment

My favorite beer, probably because it is the first one I ever appreciated, is the Dithmarscher Urtyp from northern Germany.

Also, Adelscott (with whiskey malt) from France rules
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    Go down to your local Beverages & more and just start buying different beers. Also most Super markets stock different brands so shop around and you'll find a large variety. Lastly, Alan Jackson has written a dozen different "Best Beers of the World" books and Beer Magazine is filled with many exellent but little known favorites.
                    Dude, I have over 550 different beers, trust me Supermarkets and such cant help me.
                    Thanks for Alan Jackson though, I'll check it out,

Comment

Spiffor: Is there an internet site where I can buy either of those and have them shipped to the U.S.?

Comment

Got any Granville Island Brewery stuff from BC?

Or Big Rock from AB?

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                          Got any Granville Island Brewery stuff from BC?

Or Big Rock from AB?
                          Thanks guys, keep them coming.

Comment

Any beer from Mendicino brewing company of Fort Bragg, CA as well as any beer (though my favorite is "Arrogent Bastard Ale") from the Stone Brewing company of Carlesbad, CA. Prohibition Ale from the Prohibition Brewing Company of San Fransisco is also a good beer for not alot of money.

Trader Joe's rotates through a bunch of microbrews with about 25% changing each month. You might also consider checking out some of the wine sites on the internet as many of them have sister sites dedicated to Beer and they will ship directly to your home.

Comment

If you like British style nut brown ales then the Sacramento Brewing company's River Otter Ale is reasonably good at a cheap price. Karl Strauss of San Diego makes a really full bodied Irish Red ale named "Trolley ale" (named after San Diego's line of red street cars).

Lastly, If you have money for a vacation (I know you have a girlfriend, child, and house payments to make) then you may consider going to Portland Oregon since that city has more beer breweries located with in its city limits then any other city in America. I can personally vouch for a good dozen of the them.

Comment

Working...
                              X