Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An odd mystery (Southwest Pilots thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An odd mystery (Southwest Pilots thread)

MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.

Southwest Pilots Fired For Flying Naked

DALLAS, 4:53 p.m. CDT April 25, 2003 - Two Southwest Airlines pilots are now jobless after they allegedly flew a Boeing 737 without wearing their uniforms, or much of anything else, for that matter.

According to the company, the incident happened months ago, but that it released the pilot and copilot after an investigation.

One of the men reportedly claims that he removed his uniform because coffee was spilled on it, and that a flight attendant bringing paper towels and soda water to the cockpit was a witness.

Southwest won't elaborate, but a spokesman said the matter is an internal one that is under appeal.

However, some passengers say they can't imagine any situation that would explain the need to disrobe in flight.

"Spilling coffee and two pilots flying naked, that doesn't add up to me," Clarence Hill said.

Another passenger echoed that remark.

"They did it once, they'll probably do it again," Sergio Mendoza Jr. said. "There has to be a reason why they were flying like that, too."

According to the FAA, there are no rules against flying naked, although pilots do have to be dressed for all contingencies and emergencies when flying below 10,000 feet.

Whatever the reason or details, Southwest has deemed this particular incident inappropriate.

Meantime, the pilots are reportedly trying to get their jobs back.
    Bold text mine. I don't know what to make of the spilled coffee part. Did they do it on purpose so they could have some kinky action with the flight attendant? Was it a threesome? There are questions that need to be answered here! We will find the truth!
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

I've always had a thing for flight attendants.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Mile high club...w00t!
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        I've always had a thing for flight attendants.
        But pilots?
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

you guys don't understand.

Southwest is the smartest company out there. Our crappy goverment is bailing out airlines that can run themselves properly except southwest airline. They are running at a profit while everyone else operates at a loss.

So perhaps flying naked could save money on uniforms

Comment

If you don't forbid nudity in the cockpit, then you have to allow adultery, bigamy, and polygamy as well.
            "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              So perhaps flying naked could save money on uniforms
              Sounds like something for Hooters Air

Comment

Southwest Airlines does it right.

I don't believe they've had a crash in their existence.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Southwest is hurting too, right now.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

They made a profit, again.
                    Not all businesses, especially airlines, are.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by uh Clem
                      If you don't forbid nudity in the cockpit, then you have to allow adultery, bigamy, and polygamy as well.
                      How the heck do you make that connection?

Are all nudists adulterers? Do they all perform bigamy and polygamy?

Try thinking before you type next time eh?

Comment

the "uh" isn't for nothing, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni

Sounds like something for Hooters Air
                          Oh my god that's brilliant! Next time when I'm in the US.. I'm flying hooters air.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

ah an in house joke. bugger.

Comment

Maybe boffing flight attendents is a contractual perk for the pilots so they can pay them less and have a better profit margin. Maybe being boffed by pilots is a contractual perk for the flight attendents so they can be paid less. Airlines are under a lot of pressure these days.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X