Jokes during cold war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jokes during cold war?

Ok, there are some fellows here who lived during Cold War and were more than 5 years. Do you guys remember any jokes the Americans made of Rooskies?

And what about jokes about Americans, made by Rooskies?

Genuine jokes back then please..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I only remember jokes about Reagan.

i.e. 'Raygun' for the Giant Space Laser ideas.

And his plan to defend the earth from Space Alien invasion (read Gorbachev's biography for it).

Remember in the movie 'Airplane' that the hero is committed, in the future, to the 'Ronald Reagan Institute'?
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Oh yeah that Star Wars program.. raygun.. that's pretty funny
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

There were so many...If only I could remember.

I do remember that during the Cuban Missle Crisis my parents had a plan worked out on where they would meet if the attack came. Mom had me a stroller packed with formula and blankets and practiced getting me to the fallout shelter.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hey does anyone know any sites with pictures of those funny hats they made? I believe they were made of folio.. funny looking space hats, protecting really effectively ?
          In da butt.

Comment

plato1003, that sounds more scary than funny to me?
            In da butt.

Comment

I remember the story about the Kennedys wanting to send Mrs. Kruschev a dress and asking the Russian embassy for her measurements. The reply came back that they were top secret. Why on Earth would Mrs. Kruschev's measurements be top secret?? Because they were exactly the same as Mr. Kruschev's.

There is the true story of Bob Hope being over in Moscow and making fun of the Russian missile program. When a Russian officer objected, Hope replied, "I make fun of the American missile program all the time. I say that it's the only time Congress has had trouble making the American taxpayer's money go up in smoke." The Russian officer fell down laughing.

Comment

It's funny to try to imagine the situation.. Bob going to Moscow and making fun of their misslie program to begin with!

Is that Kruschev story true, or is it just story? Because if it was true..
                In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  plato1003, that sounds more scary than funny to me?
                  Yeah me too. Sorry.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

plato, no problem, thanks for sharing it anyway.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Are you smuggling tic-tacs or is it just the cold war?
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X