Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose songs do you have most of in your music library?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose songs do you have most of in your music library?

The premise of this thread is simple: find the top artists in your music library, measured by how many of their songs you have.

Me:

1. Beatles - 79
    2. Eminem - 77
    3. Bruce Springsteen - 54
    4. Matchbox Twenty - 51
    5. Lonestar - 51
    6. 50 Cent - 50 (How appropriate. )
    7. U2 - 47
    8. Martina McBride - 45
    9. Simon and Garfunkel - 36
    10. Dr. Dre - 29
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Georges Brassens.
    Mostly because he's the only one from whose I have encoded several CDs (legally)

Nightwish is a close 2nd for exactly the same reason (2 Cds in my lib)

I have overall much variety in my music library, and only a few songs from each artist.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Good idea.

1. Matchbox Twenty/Tabitha's Secret - 137
      2. Third Eye Blind - 107
      3. Incubus - 84
      4. Our Lady Peace - 84
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Bad Religion at 66, with REM coming in a close second with 60.
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

if i truly like a rapper enough to have a hundred of his songs then I'd be buying his albums and not downloading them...
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
            if i truly like a rapper enough to have a hundred of his songs then I'd be buying his albums and not downloading them...
            Definitely, but who's saying these are all downloaded?

Most of my songs I listed were purchased on CD, except for the live performances/covers/bootlegs which aren't available for purchase.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Good idea.

1. Matchbox Twenty/Tabitha's Secret - 137
              2. Third Eye Blind - 107
              3. Incubus - 84
              4. Our Lady Peace - 84
              Holy ****! 137?????????????? I'm not aware they've made that many. I thought I had about 75% of their songs.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                what if he's dead and his moms sharing his estate with the manager of his record label?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                  Holy ****! 137?????????????? I'm not aware they've made that many. I thought I had about 75% of their songs.
                  Do you have their Tabitha's Secret stuff?
                  Lots of their live covers are really really good (Time after Time, Never Going Back, Don't Let Me Down).

Not to mention the incredible studio-acoustics, Push, 3am (the regular acoustic and the amazing piano-solo one), Long Day, etc.

The incredible live versions...like the 8-minute long extended version of Long Day with a tiny cover of David Bowie's "Fame" intertwined.

There's LOTS out there.

I even have the Stanford Harmonics doing an a capella version of "Push"...

Comment

you know its a bad sign when you have 5 live covers of christmas carols by an artist in your collection.
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I don't know the exact numbers, because they're all on CD (still in mp3 form), but I know it's U2, Dave Matthews, Incubus, Our Lady Peace, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers in the top 10.
                      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Do you have their Tabitha's Secret stuff?
                        Lots of their live covers are really really good (Time after Time, Never Going Back, Don't Let Me Down).

Not to mention the incredible studio-acoustics, Push, 3am (the regular acoustic and the amazing piano-solo one), Long Day, etc.

The incredible live versions...like the 8-minute long extended version of Long Day with a tiny cover of David Bowie's "Fame" intertwined.

There's LOTS out there.

I even have the Stanford Harmonics doing an a capella version of "Push"...
                        You're a hopeless dork.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                          You're a hopeless dork.
                          Mmhmm.

(TS' "Paint Me Blue" is playing right now )

BTW, you might like the country version of "Push" off the Storytellers DVD Extras...

Comment

Flogging Molly, Billy Joel, Dashboard Confessional, Our Lady Peace, Nirvana, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Ataris, Tenacious D, System of a Down are my top 10
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Don't know exact numbers, but is probably this order:

Brahms
                              Beethoven
                              Mozart
                              Bach
                              Bruckner
                              Puccini
                              Verdi
                              Sibelius
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X