Austria and money laundering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austria and money laundering

I work in financial services, and I'm required to undertake regular training on investigating and reporting money laundering. One thing we have to watch out for are transactions linked with "high risk" nations.

Among the high-risk countries are the usual supects- warzones like Iraq and Afghanistan, banana republics with high corruption levels such as Nigeria and Angola, mafia states of the former USSR and dodgy Caribbean tax havens. However there was also Austria, which sticks out like a sore thumb in that company. It's only just come off the "high risk" list.

What's the story?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

wasn't Austria an international pariah for a while for having a high profile fascist in public office?

Comment

Must be all those cuck... No, that's Switzerland. What comes out of Austria?

Hitler?
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Maybe they just had legislation protecting the privacy of banking, like Swizterland.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Lichtenstein.

Europe is a complicated patchwork of different countries. I think, someone messed up Austria with Lichtenstein. Or just was tired to answering questions like:" where and what is Lichtenstein ?"

Those huge and famous countries like Monaco, Jersey, the Bahamas and Andorra.

Comment

I know the answer but am too tired to explain.

So roll on the Roland troll.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

/me hits AH with a 2 by 4.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ouch!

The problem is Austria's bank secrecy laws, which it is under intense pressure to change and probably will do so soon.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Yet Switzerland isn't considered high risk...
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

AND WILL NOT CHANGE ITS LAWS.

WE WILL NOT BEND UNDER FOREIGN (BIGOT) PRESSURE

First Bahamas and Jersey, than we may talk.

And we have bigger threats than wma's or nuclear weapons. We have records of money transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by yago
                      And we have bigger threats than wma's or nuclear weapons. We have records of money transfers.
                      That actually could deter foreign agression much more effciently than Saddam's chemical weapons
                      Btw, when do you join the EU already ?
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

NO WE WILL NOT JOIN YOU FASCIST COMMIE OCCUPANTS LONG LIVE THE SWISS EMPIRE.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Azazel is jealous coz Israel can't join the EU

Comment

Azazel... how can they be fascist commies? Isn't that kinda oxymoronic?

Comment

paradoxicalogical more like.

Comment

Working...
                              X