Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65% of americans are fat

sad

Yes this is another americans are fat thread in theory. But I can back this up. I saw this statistic on the front page article of a USA today newspaper. So it must be true

What bothers me is I'm paying for these *******s health care. I think think thin people and non-smokers should pay less for health care. What do you think? Of course we don't have a national health care system. Mine is a private one provided by my company. I still have to pay $20 a month for it. Which is too much if you ask me. I never go to a doctor. I'm perfectly healthy. I think I should be able to pay less.

But anyways. How can america ever sustain its power if it is so fat? How long until we cannot provide soldiers to fight wars because they are so fat? I hold my prediction that in 50 to 100 years America will not be a superpower.

yeah. Americans are decadent spoiled *******s.

I don't think it's a phenomenon exclusive to the US, but it is sad to see how many severely overweight people there are in this country. Get out and jog, stop indulging so much in food. I know too many people who live to eat, rather than eat to live. It's very, very sad. I want to say something to them, but of course that would be anti-PC and unaccepting of 'exercise challenged' people. Especially the ones that are fat asses and try to wear skimply clothes. Christ!
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I do have to include my past self in that case. I did weigh up to 185 pounds at one point.

I didn't own a scale for the longest time, so I went and bought one. When I saw how much I weighed I strived to lose weight.

I exercised, but really the best way to lose weight is to eat less. I suggest cutting servings by 40%. That is what I did. It takes a lot of discipline though. I won't say it is easy.

And I just heard that being fat increases the chances of cancer. Which makes sense, I'm suprised they are now just finding this our.

diabetes, heart disease, cancer. Do you need any more motiviation?

Comment

Shouldn't charge fat, smoking Americans more for health care because they pay the same social security and use less.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I did weigh up to 185 pounds at one point.
          You heffer! Seriously...that's nothing.
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I'm sure we can do a genetic scan of your nuts and bolts, Dissident, and find something "awry," which can then be used to make you pay more for your health insurance, hmm? Thin doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy.

My point being that we're *all* screwed up in one area or another at the genetic level. Life isn't always crisp and organized, y'know. Lots of junk DNA in us. Plenty of nooks and crannies exist to stuff an obscure risk factor or two in.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I'm underweight, but naturally so. I eat right, and never put weight on or lose it.

But then to be on target weight when you're 6'5" would mean you could platten a baby hippo with your foot

Comment

65% of americans are fat
                Must be some strange measure, I don't think even us americans are quite that fat. But then common BMI-based measures of being overweight can be pretty screwy at times...
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

i'm underweight... NOT MY PROBLEM!
                  "Please saw my legs off." - George Carlin

Comment

well I don't have a large frame, so 185 pounds for me was like 40 pounds overweight. I'm still like 10 pounds higher than I want to be. But I'm still losing 1 pound every week or two, so I'm happy with that.

And you can do a genetic scan. There is no history of heart disease or cancer, or any other bad thing in my family. I am perfectly healthy. My only flaw is I'm not good looking. I wish women can see my insides to see how great I am .

Comment

Diss, and what is the percentage of stupid americans?
                      money sqrt evil;
                      My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        I wish women can see my insides to see how great I am .

All you need is a scalpel, a coupla clean tissues and a helluva lot of vodka.
                        Last edited by red_jon; April 27, 2003, 04:28.

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon

All you need is a scalpel, and coupla clean tissues and a helluva lot of vodka.
                          or x-ray specs!
                          "Please saw my legs off." - George Carlin

Comment

You should offer yourself for cloning then, Diss.
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

good idea.

I am so great, everybody should be me

Comment

Working...
                              X