Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm damn glad the protestors were ignored...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fez

Medal of Honor Allied Assault is so much better man... better multiplayer and everything...
    MOHAA is a good game. I just think Counter-Strike is more fun. We can debate this in another thread.

u sux0rz also Tuo.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Nah, MOHAA is better and more fun. Anyways, no I don't want to discuss this in another thread, as I am logging off in five minutes.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Nah, MOHAA is better and more fun. Anyways, no I don't want to discuss this in another thread, as I am logging off in five minutes.
        because you'd lose
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
          cyclotron: What you have to understand about Saddam is that his primary want in life was to be the boss. It wasn't to make people suffer.
          They are one and the same. He wished to be the boss, and didn't mind causing suffering along the way. And since when did Saddam's motives matter? I was under the impression that killing and torturing is killing and torturing, regardless of why you did it.

The Iraqi people's lives weren't so bad before the first Gulf War. It was sanctions and bombing that killed 500,000 Iraqis.
          No, it was Saddam's redirection of money from oil-for-food and black marketeering toward his own personal enrrichment and palace-building that killed 500,000 Iraqis. Our bombing didn't even come anywhere near that figure, and sanctions were not responsible for their deaths. Saddam was directly responsible for the first Gulf War anyway.

Nobody is saying Saddam wasn't oppressive. He certainly had a campaign of ethnic cleansing going on. My point about his self-serving interests was to show that he wasn't a fanatic willing to die for his beliefs like OBL. Self-preservation was his number one priority.
          Irrelevant. Why you murder has no consequence. A murderer is responsible for his crimes.

Why do you guys want to play up Saddam's nice guy image anyways?
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Why do you guys want to play up Saddam's nice guy image anyways?
            If you think this is what we are doing, then this has gone way over you head.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

because you'd lose
              No in the case of MOHAA versus Counterstrike, I definitely would not.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

No in the case of MOHAA versus Counterstrike, I definitely would not.
                Yes you would.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• No. It is simple MOHAA is better. Counterstrike sucks. Period.

Comment

If you think this is what we are doing, then this has gone way over you head.
                    Saddam just wanted his own little country. He wanted to build palaces and surround himself with beautiful things. He was predictable. And he didn't want to sacrifice his life for his beliefs.
                    Awww. How cute. All Saddam wanted was his own little country, and his palaces surrounded by beautiful things... how cute. You're funny, Sava. If this isn't playing up Saddam as the misunderstood victim here, I don't know what is.
                    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• This did go way over your head. I'll make this short and sweet, in big letters, and I'll try to use small words.

OBL wants to sacrifice himself to kill Americans. Saddam does not.
                      This is my point. You can red herring yourself into all the conclusions you want. But this is my point.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• OBL doesn't want to sacrifice himself to kill Americans; he wants impressionable young Arabs to do it for him.

Me 1 - 0 Corky
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• OBL won't sacrifice sh*t except his money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Am I talking to a brick wall?
                            Yes. Neocons are thick as a brick.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

You lack rational, Tuomerehu.

Oh my side! The irony!
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer
                                Chilean President:

If the tiny minority can not form into a size-able minority by convincing others to its cause it is worthless...

oh oh oh oh!
                                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                                X