No announcement yet.

Scottish Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, alrigh then, I read the SSP manifesto and that seemed okay. I'd probably vote for them were I scottish.
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I've already voted Lib Dem in my local council elections (North Lincolnshire is one of the places where all-postal voting is being trialed), and I managed to convince my naive younger sister to vote for them too. We'll see how that turns out.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

We didn't get ballot papers for the local elections here, because there's only one candidate standing in our ward - surprisingly enough, a conservative. Bloody rural Tory heartlands. Can't wait for enlightened Liberal Democrat Oxford.
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Don't blame the Conservatives for the fact that the other parties aren't organised enough to put candidates up. It's not, admittedly, good for democracy...
          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I doubt it's because they're not organised - this really is Tory heartland, even more so than Buckinghamshire or somewhere...Ribble Valley is something like the fifth safest Tory Westminster seat, so what chance does a Labour or Lib Dem candidate have in a local ward in one of the most rural areas of the Rib Valley?....
            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
              I've already voted Lib Dem in my local council elections (North Lincolnshire is one of the places where all-postal voting is being trialed), and I managed to convince my naive younger sister to vote for them too. We'll see how that turns out.
              I've already voted by post! In the Welsh Assembly Governemt elections. I thought it was great not having to walk down that smelly school on a work day. We get two votes- one for the ward and a regional one. I voted Lib Dem in my Newport West vote, (my 'head' vote) and Plaid Cymru in the regional vote (my 'heart' vote).
              This is a very pro-Lib Dems thread so far
              -Sir T

Comment

Right-wingers don't care about Scotland. They think that England owns it by right of conquest. Vote Lib Dem.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
                  I doubt it's because they're not organised - this really is Tory heartland, even more so than Buckinghamshire or somewhere...Ribble Valley is something like the fifth safest Tory Westminster seat, so what chance does a Labour or Lib Dem candidate have in a local ward in one of the most rural areas of the Rib Valley?....
                  About the same chance as the Conservatives have in Langworthy or Ordsall in Salford, yet we're still contesting all but two of the 20 seats up for grabs in Salford this year, even though we're a poor third in many seats.

Ah, Ribble Valley. Nigel Evans spoke to us in York last year; seems a nice enough bloke, though I was a little disappointed to learn he was on the NewsMax payroll. He's also responsible for one of the worst-kept secrets in British politics...

Comment

Right-wingers don't care about Scotland. They think that England owns it by right of conquest. Vote Lib Dem.
                    The Liberal Democrats care about nothing but being elected. The depths they've sunk to in some areas are unbelievable. Vote Conservative.

Comment

Working...
                    X