Giancarlo's Art Talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giancarlo's Art Talent

You guys made a lot of fun of an early painting I did. I look at that painting and do see some inaccuracies.. but it was good for my first major one.

But my skills have gone so far... you won't believe what I did recently. Do any of you know who Jacques Louis David is? I know he is French (well.. not all frenchies are bad).. but he is a famous artist who did one of Napoleon. I used his style and sense of accuracy in a painting I did of General George S. Patton Jr.

If any of you are WWII vets or know somebody who is.. show them this painting...
    Attached Files
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Very, VERY impressive

Comment

Thanks man... It is my most major project ever.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

'ey, that's pretty cool!
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Wow, that's a hell of a lot better than anything I could do.

Comment

not bad
            CSPA

Comment

Hey, not bad at all. You still have some issues with perspective, but the detailing and shading are quite good.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It took about 2 1/2 months. The first one I did of the flag raising took 2 weeks.

You still have some issues with perspective
                You have some issues wiht seeing things that are not there. So stop it.

Comment

Methinks his nose is too pointy... *DRoseDARs ducks and runs*

Well, someone had to provide a critical comment.

Better it comes from one who DOESN'T have it out for ya', Fez.

Oh, and welcome back from the ether; we missed you.

EDIT: Damn, Boris beat me to it.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Oh well can't please everybody. Boris just says this because he does not like me. It took me 10 weeks to get the perspective on the track that my art teacher wanted. I am in an IB class.

And after hours of looking at the photo in the history book, I do not think his nose is too pointy at all.

But criticism always comes to artists. No matter how good. Even Jacques David had harsh criticism.
                    Last edited by Giancarlo; April 26, 2003, 18:44.

Comment

My response was a compliment, if you didn't notice, you ungrateful cur. I think an honest response, even with a minor criticism, is worth more than blind praise/disdain.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I am quite offended that you choose to insult the perspective as that is what I put the most work into.

But as I said, all artists, no matter how damn good, will have people like you criticizing them. Heck that is life. You always have somebody out there who will criticize you. Sometimes it is best to turn a blind eye. Sometimes not.

Comment

If you think giving an honest critique is an insult, then you're in for a lot of being insulted. I am stunned you would choose to harp on that, which wasn't an insult at all, and ignore the fact that my impression was overall positive.

That's no way to react to people when they respond to your work, it's childish and negative.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hmm, just so we're clear: I was being a butthead 'cause I felt eventually someone would come along who actually meant to insult, so I figured I'd beat them to it by poking fun. Also, I didn't sense Boris' comment as being "critical" but being a "critique" which is what you want in art. Fez, he wasn't trying to insult you in my estimation.

*Sigh* And the cycle continues...
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

You're too sensitive Fez. You're picture is very good, it must have taken a lot of work and I think we're all impressed. You should be proud of it.

However, if you aren't prepared to accept some honest and friendly critiques then you'll find it hard to improve.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                              X