Platoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platoon

Does anyone know the name / artist of the original tune from the movie or any good remixes?

I trust know the one I mean, *the haunting one played as the smoke roles over the injured and dying after the VC attack - sorry its been a while since ive seen the film*

Yeah.. name was 'adagio for strings' and artist..
    can't remember. It's a good one.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

And Samuel Barber was the artist
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Thanks

Comment

No problem. It's really very good. This is the original of course, makes me sad everytime.. but in a good way .

If you want, there is William Orbit - Adagio For Strings, which is trance version of it.

Also Platoon is a good movie. One of my favourite moments is when Elias gets shot several times and Taylor notices it and looks Barnes in the eyes. Strong scene.
          In da butt.

Comment

Ive downloaded both from Kazaa just know, thanks.

Listening to the original from Samual Barber as I type this.

Great......

Had heard the William Orbit loads of times just couldnt remember the original.

Comment

The Adagio was originally written as movement for a string quartet. Barber transcribed it for an all-string orchestra after realizing it was going to be the most popular bit from the quartet. It was often played at memorial services for the war dead during WWII.

There is also a version for a cappella choir that uses the Agnus Dei text from the Latin Mass. Certainly worth finding as well!
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If anyone isn't moved by (either version) of that song they are:

1) In denial
                2) Have no heart inside of them

THE ONLY THING THAT CAN KILL BARNES IS BARNES!!!!!
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted Striker, Agreed

Don't rape her, she's only a child! You Fng animals!
                  In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

THE ONLY THING THAT CAN KILL BARNES IS BARNES!!!!!
                    He has the war in his eyes...
                    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Tom Beringer, who plays the experienced Sergeant Barnes, was nominated in the Best Supporting Actor category along with Willem Defoe who plays Sergeant Elias. They lost out to Michael Caine in Hannah and Her Sisters.
                      Micheal Caine is awesome but come on Hannah and her sisters??!?!
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Barnes
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Ted Striker; April 26, 2003, 16:26.

Comment

Elias.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X