2nd Morality Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Morality Test

This one really is good - though perhaps more of a priorities test than a morality test.

I put down

F
    L
    M
    B
    S

So I guess the 's' word ain't too high on my agenda?

M
    L
    F
    B
    S

Which is pretty accurate, but B should really be on the bottom.

EDIT: and maybe switch L and M, I forgot that M left her over that.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

M
      F
      B
      S
      L

It did not turn out very accurate for me. I value love very highly but it came out last. Morality and Friendship did come out fairly right though.
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

M (did nothing wrong)
        F (told the guy the truth about his girfriend)
        B (charged twice the normal fair, dishonest)
        S (offered money for sex)
        L (she was unfaithful to her lover)

It did not turn out very accurate for me. I value love very highly but it came out last. Morality and Friendship did come out fairly right though.

edited to add explanations
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

L (Does nothing wrong, if she didn't follow this course of action she wouldn't be with her man for him to complain)
          M (Also did nothing wrong, but would think he wouldn't hold a grudge)
          B (Business is business, doubling the price didn't affect the women who had no money to begin with anyway)
          F (Shouldn't have stirred up the situation)
          S (Took advantage of the lady's situation)
          Last edited by Dauphin; April 26, 2003, 11:02.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

M
            L
            F
            S
            B

*absolutely spot-on. Wierd.

BTW, http://www.glory.8k.com/ End womans' suffrage!
            Last edited by ceroomaster; April 26, 2003, 11:13.
            -Sir T

Comment

Hm, that was hard. They all behaved a bit like assholes, if you ask me. However, I finally came up with:

F (I bet the man would have found out anyway, and while gossiping's not nice, it's also not as not-nice as what the other ones did)
              B (Sure, charging a double fee is a little fishy, but the chick had no money anyway, so what difference does it make?)
              M (Motives present mitigating circumstances, but he basically had the right to dump the lady)
              L (What, she could get no money by other means? How does she survive?)
              S (Prays on desperate women - what a noble man)
              Last edited by Stefu; April 26, 2003, 13:57.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

F (I can't really fault the friend for being honest...)
                M (I'd've rated him lower if L had been upfront with him, but seeing as how she wasn't...)
                L (I fault her for not telling M the truth from the outset)
                S (Acted pretty SOBish)
                B (Also acted pretty SOBish)
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

L (She did what she had to do)
                  F (Except L, all people here are pathetic, and F is the least pathetic of them)
                  M (Should have never dumped her for that. Maybe should have congratulated her )
                  S (took advantage of the situation. *******)
                  B (the real culprit of this whole situation. ******* too)
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

M (nothing wrong)
                    F (faithful spy network)
                    S (despoiler,give her the money as a loan)
                    B (£50 rather then sex ?! pff get some hormones )
                    L (treacherous whore,cheated then deceived!!)
                    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

If you ask me, the boatman and the sex man were both working in cahoots.

Sex man to Lady - "The boatman charged you double you say? Why, I have £100 right here! But there's only one way to get it..."

Boat man to sex man - "Next time you drive the boat."

Comment

I don't see that the characters do a god job of representing the traits listed.

B is spot on (but lost money, 'coz he could've charged M to get to L and both to go back over to M's side: $150 at the regular rate)
                        M's loss of trust isn't necessarily based on morality (and is understandable)
                        F isn't necessarily acting out of friendship
                        L isn't acting out of love but out of impatience
                        S doesn't represent sex, rather lechery and predation
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

1) S
                          2) L
                          3) F
                          4) M
                          5) B

I don't think like everyone else here, I see... I was more thinking about S as a "bussinessman", since he wanted to help her, but he didn't want to just give her money (which bussinessman would do that?), of course he wanted something for his money... Nothing wrong here...

The girl did what she had to do, if she really loves him. Only bad thing is: She didn't tell

F didn't do anything wrong either, well except for the fact that he should have told her, that she should have M how she managed to get over there... If she refused to tell him, then it was right for F to tell...

M should have been happy that she got over to him in the first place anyway. The only point where I can see why he did what he did, was because L didn't tell him...

B is the guy who simply takes advantage of her. To charge double price "because it's her" is very bad bussiness... Cheaters are not welcome...

Love is what is highest on my list, but what she did was not 100% love... if it was 100%, then she would have told him... If she told him, L would be highest on my list... And acording to how I "translated" this, S is not Sex, but bussiness, and B is not bussiness, but advantage-taker

And I don't agree with the "double price didn't make any changes for her", since it could have... what if S only gave $50 for having sex with her... that would make a difference...
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

M - As most say, he did nothing wrong
                            L - There was certainly a mitigating circumstance
                            F - Simply telling the truth
                            S - Preying on a vulnerable woman
                            B - He should have thought of something other than money
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                              M (did nothing wrong)
                              F (told the guy the truth about his girfriend)
                              B (charged twice the normal fair, dishonest)
                              S (offered money for sex)
                              L (she was unfaithful to her lover)

Ditto this. I value love very much, but that doesn't say anything about the morality of it all.

MFB and S did nothing 'immoral'. B can charge as much as he damn well pleases for his services, and S can offer as much as HE damn well pleases for hers. L is the one that made the decision. F told the truth, and M did nothing wrong.
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X