• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is worse? a purely "hypothetical" situation

Okay, which is worse.

the Cast: A and B, C and D

two situations:

Situation 1:
    A and B have known each other for a long time. A goes out of their way to help B and A shares their feelings for B, tells them how much they care for them, and how they would like to have a relationship. A and B have rediculous amounts of sex for a couple days. On the third night, A goes to work, B stays at home with A's roommates. B hooks up with A's best friend and roommate. Heavy petting, et al goes on, but no sex.

Situation 2:
    C and D have been dating for about a year. There is a commitment there, and they love each other. There haven't been any explicit plans for the future lain out, but both feel the relationship is going somewhere. C has sex with someone else. D hears rumors, and C lies and discounts the rumors as lies. Time goes by, and D ends up finding out.

so, which situation is worse?
    Situation 1
    9.09%
    Situation 2
    90.91%
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

The better question is, why are you asking this?

The even better question is, which letter are you?
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

"Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

bah! too many letters. what is this, algebra?

In any case situation 2 is worse because of the committment.

sit 1 is bad for A. But it depends on how gullible and naive they were about the relationship.

Comment

#2 is much worse IMHO.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

At different points in my life, I have been A, B, C, and D.

A - A neighbor in college I was starting to get serious with fooled around with my roommate during finals, but I didn't find out about it until after break. Apparently she was mad at me because I wanted to study and she wanted to cuddle. Nothing really came of it because she wound up flunking out and he pledged a fraternity the next semester, so I managed to rid myself of both of them fairly quickly. I was p.o.ed for a while, but out of site out of mind, so I got over it soon. Not so bad, really. At least I knew what was what and with whom.

B - I fooled around with this girl in the dorms who lived right next to this girl I was dating (although we had had a fight and were sort of broken up for the weekend, and she's the same girl from my "D" scenario too). I wound up patching things up with the original girl, so nothing much came of it (Well, unless you count my "D" scenario).

C - In early days of caller ID, I made the stupid mistake of calling my girlfriend from another girl's phone. I realized my mistake as soon as I hung up, but tried to play it off like I had called from a friend's girlfriend's house. Didn't end the relationship, but sure helped bring the final days closer. Pretty bad situation.

D - A college girlfriend cheated on me while she was at Mardi Gras, but eventually I found out. She got herpes from some stranger and managed to convince me I gave it to her (Apparently you can have it and not know it, or so she told me, and I believed.). Probably the guiltiest week of my life. Then my roomate's girlfriend clued me in to the Mardi Gras story, which my girlfriend denied. Then I got tested a week later and I didn't have it. I thought the relationship was going pretty well, until I realized she was trying to give me an STD to hide her indiscretion. Ended very, very badly.

I would say "C" was the worst, since it was something I personally did wrong.

Probably more than you wanted to know about my unsavory life, isn't it?
            "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Static Universe
              Apparently you can have it and not know it, or so she told me, and I believed.
              That is true. Apparently the symptoms don't show in 90% of men.

Comment

The second sitatuon is definitely worse - why, does this involve you Kaak?

Comment

Second, time had actually built up a trust, seeing it all killed in about 5seconds it takes to be told that he/she has actually went out and got laid by somebody before you has got to hurt, the jealousy will be far worse aswell.
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

1's worse, D was probally doing C's tits in after a year, whereas A and B have the tragedy of 'if only...'

Comment

Probably the I realized she was trying to give me an STD to hide her indiscretion.
                      That is the most ****ed up thing I've ever heard.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Sounds like four arguments for abstinance
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                        X