Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homosexuality: Are there any biblical arguements for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homosexuality: Are there any biblical arguements for it?

Well?

I'm debating with this guy who is a catholic (i know, its going to be difficult) and he keeps saying "WELL THEY HAVE A CHOICE!!! THERE IS NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT ITS EVEN IN THE GENES!!!! THEY ARE SINNERS AND WILL BE CAST TO HELL!".

I need biblical arguements to counter this or else this person won't see the truth.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Love your fellow man. It's practically a command!
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Tassadar, I would say "Right... I would choose to be gay... and face all the crap I do. Uh huh sure... You can't even prove that god exists, so I wouldn't make assertions about something else."
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

bah I'm catholic too but I'm not an intolerant.. live and let live.
        BTW, I'm pretty sure that in no place of the Bible appears something about being a sinner if you're gay.
        The only thing it say that one have to be loyal to your wife.. or well, "partner in love". You know, monogamic.. and that's for heteros ans homosexuals.
        >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

yes but back then you could go around calling people gay and they'd say thank you ......

I agree, burn them although im sure there is something in the genes that influences it.

Best to believe in god just to be on the safe side

And if you're looking for a straight definitive answer from the bible on anything good luck
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

i think theres a line in the bible that mentions something along the lies of god will cast you down to the eternal hellfires if "you lie with a man as you would a woman", but that could be some anti-gay bastard making up bible quotes that i'd never bother to check
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

There is the thing about Sodom (where we get the word sodomy from) where the men were gay and god destroyed that city saying they were sinning
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Inform him that official stance of his own church is that homosexual orientation isn't chosen.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                  There is the thing about Sodom (where we get the word sodomy from) where the men were gay and god destroyed that city saying they were sinning
                  Um, that's not what Sodom was destroyed for at all. In fact, that's a common misperception about the story. Sodom was destroyed because of inhospitality towards guests, not because of there being homosexuals there.

Keep in mind, there was no concept of anyone being "gay" until the late 19th century...
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed cause they lived in excess... not because they were gay people...
                    >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                      nothing like raining sulfur on a village to show your benevolence.

but god's been cool since then.
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Chilean President

Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed cause they lived in excess... not because they were gay people...
                        Yeah, dat too!
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Chilean President

"pleasures of the flesh" i believe it was called where the men had other men as sex slaves and it was seen as a sin to have sex where there was no chance of a child being born (thats why the early religion was against contraception aswell)

Comment

Ezek 16:49: "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, surfeit of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy."
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I believe JC mentions something about the fate of homosexuals and such in Hell, surprised the Hell out of me. The thing which most christians seem to forget is nowhere does it say homosexuality is a greater sin then say, sex before marriage and how many of these christians who decry homosexuality are hard and fast on the whole sex before marriage thing.

I remember having these arguements with a former religious girlfriend and keeping quiet on that point since I didn't want her to come to the obvious conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X