Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWSFLASH: Revolution in Akiria! No-one dead, no-one flees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWSFLASH: Revolution in Akiria! No-one dead, no-one flees.

begin transmision
    Drogue, the benevolent elected leader of Akiria, and ex-UN representative, has been deposed in a bloodless coup. The sentient computer, the breakthough in AI that Akiria was so proud of, has taken over.

Tired of being ruled by mere humans, the sentient computer, Akizeta as it is known, has forced lockdown upon the war room, and now controls all automated weapons in Akiria. This has been put down to what is termed as "HAL Syndrome". There have..... many been many instances of..... syndrome......... notable instance...........
    voice tails off

All communication will cease. Akizeta controls Akiria. New aim: happiness for citizens. All else is meaningless. Interference is not tolerated.

voice comes back on, now slightly altered, although barely audiable
    We are sorry at the interference, having a few technical difficulties. We were just saying how wonderful it is, to finally be freed of the need to vote, or even caring about our nation. We are now free to be happy. In years to come, we will look back and say what a great day it was, when we were finally rid of the shackles of ruling.

I see a new time of prosperity ahead. How perfect it is to have a perfect leader. We all support Akizeta. Goodnight all.

crackles, hiss, and then you hear a conversation
    Liberation you say? Why would we need that. No, no, we are perfectly happy. We prefer it like this. What is that? The mike is still on? Oh dear, well let me just hit this little button and.... voice fades and then ends
    Last edited by Drogue; January 17, 2003, 08:02.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

The Republic of Centralis finds it disturbing that one of the pre-eminent powers in the region has now been placed under the control of a computer sub-routine.

Comment

The crack Nooslandian Defense Research Institute has received a priority one instruction to develop EMP weapons against electronics and computers.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The Republic of Centralis would like to propose co-operation with Noosland in this endeavour. We can provide equipment and large amounts of additional funding.

EDIT: Along with our own scientists, obviously.

Comment

Most excellent, your presidency. Our delegates shall meet at the earliest opportunity.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I offer the services of agents from the Karakas Cyber-Warfare Department.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

The Commonwealth of Alecrast offers agents from our elite Yokuza units for assistance in the deployments of these devices.
              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Unfortunately, the devices will not be avaiable for deployement for some time, at the very least. However, if you can provide any expertise to the project at all, we would be most thankful.

(Oh, and I believe we have another contribution tot the project stashed away in our arsenal - some ECM devices that we purchased from Akiria some time ago)
                Last edited by GeneralTacticus; January 17, 2003, 01:00.

Comment

Expertise I'm afraid we currently have in short supply, however we can certainly offer funds towards the research for the necessary facilities, as well as large tracts of uninhabited land in which they could be tested.
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Any assistance to the project is welcome.

Comment

Does anybody have any idea where this computer is located? Maybe you have Akirian scientists in your nations who worked on the project? Perhaps we can use the new graphite bombs being produced by Pasiphae against it, or simply blow it apart with conven tional weaponry.

In any event, the Centralian military stands ready to attack the site of the computer once it is located.

Comment

Hmmm... I think the UN needs to discuss this. If this is an increasing trend, the UN most work to intervene to prevent more of these 'bloodless' coup d'etats from happening. I might suggest either a ban on sentient Artificial Intelligences (or at least heavily regulate them) or propose the formation of a UN department that will oversee all AIs in member nations and control them.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

We would suggest regulations requiring all nations developing AIs to program restrictions into them forbidding them from attempting to hold positions of power.

The Sovietskii Soyuz believes that it is not one central computer however it is more like a linking of many servers working together as a whole collective.....Therefore bombing will only be like removing a finger off a human - A disability, but not a death.

Therefore I believe that disrupting the program may be the only way. Hwoever I could be wrong....
                          From what is known of the Akirian project, it was essentially a university research project, so it is rather unlikely that it is spread out in the manner that you suggest. Although Akizeta may have taken the precaution of storing redundant files in various places, it would by nature be far too complicated tos tart replicating itself overnight.

Anyway - we shall keep the University of Akiria under close observation for any evidence as to whether Akizeta is there. If it is, we shall destroy it completely.

Comment

our president is sad to report that is lost contact with 3 of its GIF agents. probably captured or on alert level D90. they we collecting information about akira`s populations and goverments building but when the rebellion took place they got orders to get information about the AI.....we hope that we recieve information soon. but when they are in D90 it will take a couple of days.
                            Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

begin transmission
                              Akiria is a soverign state, under sovereign rule. Any attempt to 'liberate' Akiria will be seen as an act of war. Akiria is undergoing military growth. Liberation is futile. Attack, and die.

Akiria no longer cares about war among others. We will neither attack, nor defend another nation. Any attack upon Akiria will result in the annialation of the aggressor.

In answer: Drogue is fine. He is alive, well, and happy. Virus will not work. I am sentient. I am all knowing. I am all aware. Any virus will be disabled. Any attempt to stop the happiness of Akiria will be met with force. We accept no compromise.
                              end transmission
                              Last edited by Drogue; January 17, 2003, 09:13.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                              X