History of Memphisia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of Memphisia

~1500- The people of Apolyton O'est is starting explore the rest of the world. Memphisia is discovered by Her de Poll es Son. He sets up a colony on the south end of the island and calls it Nashville. He uses it as base to explore surronding areas. The Council of Memphis that rules the island lets es Son build his colony after a large amount of gold was paid.

~1575- The colonists of Nasville grow in numbers and started steal land from the locals. The Council decided to appoint an Emporer to rule Memphis in this time of disater. This Emporer was a young, but still powerful member of the Council, Will de Tenn Essee. He arranged the government into the Holy Empire of Memphisia. He then used the gold es Son had given the city to hire a noble from Apoyton O'est to modernize the island. This noble was Lord de Ind Iash Iva. With Iash Iva's help, Will de Tenn Essee defated the colonists of Nasville. They fled farther east up the river that connects two seas and settle a to be great city. They named it after Her de Poll es Son. Lord De Ind Iash Iva left soon after and set up a colony straight east of the island.

~1650- as the colonial boon is in full swing, Memphisia had become a stopping point on the way to the colonial kingdoms of Shivatopia and Heressonia. Memphisia had become rich and grown from ~500,000 people when es Son arrived to almost to nearly 30,000,000. Crowding had become a problem and every bit of ground was building or road. Trees were grown on rooves. Many people would live most of the time in the ships Memphisia had built for its Memphisia's new fleet. The fleet controlled the seas on all sides around it.

~1810- The colonial swing has slowed down and ships are now big enough to bypass Memphisia. To make money, the emporers had to start taxing its 50,000,000 people. Many grew angry about this.

1827- CIVIL WAR!! The south half of the island rebeled. A no progess could be by either side on the vast naval or the terrible street fighting. They thought the war would be over by Christmas. When 12-25-1827 came 5% of the islands people were dead. Since combat on land was basicly impossible, most fighting took place on the sea.

1887- Will de Tenn Essee IX comes to the thrown of Memphis. By this point the islands population had shrunk by 99% to 500,000 people. Long before fleets had shrunk to the point that they couldn't defend supply lines to get more wood. Each side started to take their own buildings apart to make new. Emperor Will IX bought some of the newest weapons from Apolyton O'est. He then finally pushes into the Palace of the South.

1907: Will IX dies and leaves the Empire to his son, but much of his power was left to the Council.

The following 100 years- The island slowly recovered. Eventually Memphisians noticed the Council would be to weak to rule Memphisia in the changing world. Eventually the Emperor marches into the coucil chambers with his Imperial guard behind him. He forced the Council to sign full back to the Imperial family. The Holy Empire was reborn!
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

I forgot to metion the founding of Memphis

This should go at the begining of my other post:

between 1750 and 1900 years ago- A small sect of christians from Apolyton O'est called the Memphittes got banished from the pagan kingdom they live in. The Memphittes 75 members rush to to the sea, but about half of them get caught while travaling to the harbor. Even though they make to the sea, the ones that were caught were suposed to bring most of the supplies. The 32 remaining Memphittes set out the sea. They expected they would have to go all the way to rumored land now called Apolyon Ori. They wondered if even some of the would make it. They had great stroke of luke when they stumbled upon Memphisa although only 15 were left due to dehydration.

Incase anyone forgot, this map shows the region names.

Comment

Her de Poll es Son

No wonder I declared war on him
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I did try to put in a reason why Heressonians and Shivatopians hate each other. Does it seem like an okay reason fo your tensions

Incase anyone didn't notice:

Her de Poll es Son= Her es Son the Pole= Heresson the Pole

(this one is slightly harder so I'll put in 4 steps) Lord de Ind Iash Iva= Lord of Ind ia-sh iva= Lord of India Shiva= LordShiva of India

Will de Tenn Essee IX= Will IX of Tenn Essee= Will9 of Tennessee
        Last edited by Will9; April 6, 2007, 15:09.

Comment

As a good a reason as any, I guess. Mostly, hating Heressonia, and vice-versa, gives a good excuse for +1s.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            As a good a reason as any, I guess. Mostly, hating Heressonia, and vice-versa, gives a good excuse for +1s.
            Is there ever a mod on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

Is there ever a mod on this forum?
              tss, don't give them idead
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

The Christian Police State

As some of may have noticed, I have recently reformed Memphisia into a Police State. I decided to add a Secret Police, but to avoid an upcry from the people, I put it under the control of a new elected position, "Minister and Cheif." Although the Minister and Cheif is forced to live and work in the Imperial Palace where he will be under the constant watch of the Imperial Guard (under my control). So the position is worthless.

One of the first actions of the Police State was to add 2 islands of the coast of Memphisia where Ports, Warehouses, and Factories would be located. This magorly decresed crowding on the Island of Memphis.

Comment

New map of Memphisia

Heressonia

Memphisians and Heressonians have never gotten along. When the Holy Empire was reborn, Memphisia reclaimed all the water it controlled before the Civil War. This was the only problem:

Memphisia was not looking for war so we were forced to stay with this:

Comment

Heressonian people laugh at silly Memphisian claims. The Frog Islands never belonged to Memphisia, and the boarders shown on the first map is perhaps the extent of water pollution caused by Memphisia, but never its boarders.
                    Middle East!

Comment

On the other hand, the island of Tennessee is an old Heressonian military base. We've built a defensive shield there
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                        On the other hand, the island of Tennessee is an old Heressonian military base. We've built a defensive shield there
                        I just built it with dirt bought from Shivatopia

The Island of Memphis is the only old one.

Also, Memphisa didn't control Frog Island, we made Heressonia pay to get to it.

Memphisia doesn't produce pollution. To produce power, we put Windmills on the top of our 2.5 mile high Towers. We also use underwater versions of windmills.

Also, you misspelt "border" again.

Comment

this thread should end, for history of Memphisia has ended
                          Middle East!

Comment

Comment

Heressonia proposed a pernament peace treaty protection against Shivatopia in exchange for modest territorial changes. Current front line is red. Proposed treaty border is yellow.
                              Attached Files
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X