X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Consider "Big Brother" Anti-Crime System

Government Acts
    The Issue
    The Police department is considering installing surveillance cameras in all major public areas, in an effort to crack down on crime.

The Debate
    "This is a blatant invasion of the right to privacy!" says libertarian web site operator Billy Thiesen. "Now I can't even go out in public any more without being watched? And you know this is just the beginning. Today there are cameras in city streets. Tomorrow they're peering through your bedroom window."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

"Hey, I've got news for you," says Police media liaison Jazz Jones. "When you're out in public, PEOPLE CAN SEE YOU. These cameras will be extremely helpful in reducing the national crime rate. Frankly, I can't see what the fuss is about."
    [Accept]

"This 'slippery slope' argument has got me thinking," says Police Minister Freddy Washington. "You know, it would be a lot easier to fight crime if we watched people all the time. Not with cameras, of course. That's clearly an invasion of privacy. But how about a national database of our citizens, coupled with compulsory ID cards and barcoding? It would stop crime dead in its tracks."
    [Accept]
    The Government Position
    The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Attached Files
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

I was hoping for a lotto win.
        The Sherrin Foundation
        Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

you wish
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Some concern over the erratic behaviour of the Scot Government.

They allow nudity in the Snow !!
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

We encourage our people to be free and enjoy all of natures blessings. Especially the young ladies of the volley ball teams. As the "National Team Selector" I have a duty to make sure that thy are well versed in all forms of athletic training.

Our habits are easily seen by the passerby as strange, that I understand. To me they make darn good sense.
              The Sherrin Foundation

Comment

provided you dont enorce nudity on the males, our delgation shall arrive shortly to check out this new sport.

Comment

No enforcement at all, unless you are a member of the National All Girls Volley Ball Team. They, of course, must be in team uniform.
                  The Sherrin Foundation

Comment

not quite sure what to say about all that
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Coo lstuff..

Our Government is looking for some more Refugee Camps for the troubled exiles from the ISLAND wars. Your Volley Bal lteam will make a great entertainment venue.

Comment

The Fiefdom of The Clan Scot is a small, devout nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 18 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The small, corrupt government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Religion & Spirituality and Defence are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 14%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, euthanasia is illegal, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is moderate. The Clan Scot's national animal is the tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the blue mark.

The Clan Scot is ranked 20th in the region and 82,220th in the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Military Demands Increased Spending

Government Acts
                          The Issue
                          The Department of Defense has put its case for a substantial increase in funding for the coming financial year.

The Debate
                          "These are turbulent times we live in," says Defense Chief Roxanne Jong-Il. "Turbulent and dangerous. And the only sensible response to that, of course, is to build a lot more weapons. Unless we get the funding we need, I can't promise that we'll be able to defend The Clan Scot's sovereign borders from rogue nations and foreign powers. Or those leaky boatloads of refugees, for that matter."
                          [Accept]

"NO MORE BOMBS," chant the protestors outside Parliament House, in a repetitious and increasingly annoying appeal. Spokesperson Bill Barry, speaking through a feedback-afflicted microphone, says, "The Clan Scot needs fewer weapons, not more! Make the world a safer place! Disarm now!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Fiefdom of The Clan Scot is a small, devout nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 18 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Commerce. The average income tax rate is 11%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

Euthanasia is illegal, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs, surveillance cameras are banned, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is moderate. The Clan Scot's national animal is the tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the blue mark.

The Clan Scot is ranked 20th in the region and 82,220th in the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

The corruption of this Govenment is a guiding light.
                              The Sherrin Foundation

Comment

thanks mate we try
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X