• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well a good drinks cellar would be a start
    Attached Files
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Republic of Rasputopia has sent official delgations to the new Fiefdom to renew contacts with long lost friends and to organise the ful lreturn of all Refugees.
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
        The Republic of Rasputopia has sent official delgations to the new Fiefdom to renew contacts with long lost friends and to organise the ful lreturn of all Refugees.
        Good to see

Most excellent progress
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Fiefdom of The Clan Scot is a small, pleasant nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 9 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 23%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, a dictator has seized power and outlawed elections, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and organ donation rates have hit a new low. Crime is moderate. The Clan Scot's national animal is the tiger and its currency is the blue mark.

The Clan Scot is ranked 22nd in the region and 90,180th in the world for Largest Public Sector.
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

More Police Needed

Government Acts
            The Issue
            As crime rates rise, some in the community are calling for increased policing.

The Debate
            "Just the other day, I got mugged in the broad daylight!" says ruffian Pip Trax. "And the ironic thing is I had just stuck up this other guy. When muggers are getting mugged, even I have to admit that crime has gotten out of control. We do need more police."
            [Accept]

"The solution to crime is not more police!" says noted sociologist and occasional crime novelist Faith Longfellow. "Studies repeatedly show that crime is caused by poverty and poor education. Increase government spending in these areas, and crime will fall! Maybe not overnight, but it will happen."
            [Accept]

"Yeah, good luck with that," says conservative leader and gun enthusiast Johann Trax. "Look, we do need more police, that's clear. But that's not enough. We need real punishments: sentences that will act as a genuine deterrent to people considering a life of crime. Like public floggings."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Fiefdom of The Clan Scot is a small, pleasant nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 10 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The large, corrupt government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 24%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

A dictator has seized power and outlawed elections, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, organ donation rates have hit a new low, and thieves are flogged in public for their crimes. Crime is moderate. The Clan Scot's national animal is the tiger and its currency is the blue mark.

The Clan Scot is ranked 18th in the region and 82,495th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Citizens Struggle Under "Unfair" Tax Burden

Government Acts
                The Issue
                A recent poll has revealed high levels of dissatisfaction among the populace about tax rates.

The Debate

"Do you know how much of my year's work goes to the government?" demanded angry worker Calvin Nagasawa. "Too much! Government spending has gotten way out of control. It needs big cuts in welfare, health, and education. But leave those subsidies to business alone. We need them to create jobs."

"It's not the AMOUNT of tax, it's where the burden falls," says student activist Buy Spirit. "And at the moment, far too much of the burden is falling on the poor. People on high incomes still have more money than people on low incomes. I don't think I need to say anything more than that."
                [Accept]

"I don't object to the amount of tax, I object to where it's being spent," says social reformer Beth McAlpin. "I'd like to see everyone have a choice as to where their blue marks go every time they fill out a tax return. Everyone would feel a lot better about opening their wallets if they had a say as to where the money went. I think you'd see a lot more public money going to education and a lot less to business."
                [Accept]
                The Government Position
                The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Fiefdom of The Clan Scot is a small, pleasant nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 14 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The small, corrupt government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 13%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, organ donation rates have hit a new low, thieves are flogged in public for their crimes, and the government is reigning in public spending. Crime is moderate. The Clan Scot's national animal is the tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the blue mark.

The Clan Scot is ranked 13th in the region and 60,318th in the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Cancer Sufferer Demands Euthanasia Bill

Government Acts
                    The Issue
                    Dorothy Terwilliger lies immobilized in a hospital bed, unable to move. She has end-stage cancer, and wishes to end her struggle against death. However, laws prevent her doctors from obeying her wishes.

The Debate
                    Dorothy and her family are campaigning for a "Dying with Dignity" bill, to change this situation. She implores the government to legalize euthanasia.
                    [Accept]

"I understand this is a very difficult time for these people," says freelance medical writer Buffy Clinton. "But the solution is not to let our medical system slide down the slippery slope of killing people in pain. We must cure, not kill. This is not the right time for euthanasia."

"I agree, but go further: there is never a right time for euthanasia," says Bishop Chastity Shiomi. "The lives we lead are given to us by the grace of God, and he decides when they end. It is not for us to question God's divine purpose, no matter how odd or screwed-up it may seem."
                    [Accept]
                    The Government Position
                    The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 2.
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Animal Liberation Front Strikes Again

Government Acts
                      The Issue
                      The increasingly militant Animal Liberation Front struck again last night, freeing dozens of chickens bound for delicious snack packs.

The Debate
                      "These nuts have got to be stopped," demands concerned consumer Naki Mombota. "They need to face the fact people want snack packs, no matter how many innocent chickens must be sacrificed. Besides, chickens would do the same to us if they had the chance."
                      [Accept]

"These Liberationists are highlighting an important issue," pleads Dave Rubin. "Too often, animals are put through needless cruelty, just to make their flesh taste a little more deliciously succulent. I'm sure we could ban the more horrific abuses without putting too much of a dent in our national obesity figures. Couldn't we?"

"Animals have feelings too!" yelled protestor May Clinton, before being set upon by hungry passers-by. "Free the animals! Ban meat-eating!"
                      [Accept]

Economist Bianca Bush has an alternative. "You don't need to take away the people's right to choose. You just need to build the costs of animal suffering into the price. A tax on meat-eating, in proportion to the amount of cruelty involved, would do the trick. Plus think of the benefit for the national coffers! Of course, poor people wouldn't be able to afford meat, but that's just more incentive for them to get jobs."
                      [Accept]
                      The Government Position
                      The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 2.
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Budget Time: Accountants Excited

Government Acts
                        The Issue
                        It's time for the government to allocate spending for the coming year, and as always, special interest groups are keen to have their say.

The Debate
                        "The state of the education system is, in many areas, simply frightful," says Teachers Union leader Falala Dredd. "And even where we are doing well, we could do better. I appeal to the authorities for a substantial boost in funding. Remember, the children are our future."

"We won't have a future unless we improve police numbers and rebuild the military," says General Roxanne Gutenberg. "Oh, it's all well and good to have your fancy education and your nice cars, until some tinpot dictatorship decides to invade. And don't pretend like there aren't any of them in our region. Our number one priority has to be security."
                        [Accept]

"Education is nice, but Health and Social Welfare are more important," says celebrity social worker Hack Trax. "This is where the people who really need government help are: the marginalized of our society. If we don't help them, what kind of a nation are we?"
                        [Accept]

"Hey, I've got a crazy idea," says noted libertarian and bird-watcher Lars Silk. "How about the government stops taking so much tax from people? Give us a tax cut and we'll buy the things we need ourselves. People need to be weaned off the government teat!"
                        [Accept]
                        The Government Position
                        The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Nudists Demand Time In Sun

Government Acts
                          The Issue
                          A loose coalition of sartorially-challenged individuals known as "Let It All Hang Out" has called on the government to relax public nudity laws.

The Debate
                          "For too long, our bodies have been trapped in these prisons of cotton and polyester!" yelled protester Jennifer Utopia, while apparently developing a nasty case of sunburn. "We must repeal the puritanical laws that make public nudity a crime. My body--my choice to dangle!"

"I agree," mused sociology professor Johann Summers. "But I don't think the protestors are going far enough. Public nudity shouldn't be an option: it should be compulsory. Nudity is highly liberating. And it would put that disgusting "Hooters" out of business once and for all."
                          [Accept]

"Whoa, whoa," says noted accountant Larry Thiesen. "Are these people serious? The last thing I want to see when I'm out for a coffee is some lumbering, over-weight nudist coming down the sidewalk toward me. If people want to get naked, they can do it in the privacy of their own homes. Think of the children!"
                          [Accept]
                          The Government Position
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Attached Files
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Fiefdom of The Clan Scot is a small, pleasant nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 16 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The small, corrupt government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 13%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

Meat-eating is frowned upon, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and euthanasia is illegal. Crime is moderate. The Clan Scot's national animal is the tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the blue mark.

The Clan Scot is ranked 11th in the region and 68,623rd in the world for Largest Retail Sector.
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Too Much Yakking, Already, Say Delegation

Government Acts
                                The Issue
                                Some people say The Clan Scot's policy on free speech has gone too far.

The Debate
                                "These days, anyone says whatever they want with no regard to what kind of dribble is coming out of their mouths!" says angry commuter Konrad Thiesen. "It's gone too far. We should go back to the good old days, when if someone started talking garbage, we'd smack them one."
                                [Accept]

"We need more free speech, not less," argues civil rights campaigner Billy Rifkin. "Free speech allows ideas to be explored, challenged, and discussed in a productive, open forum. It teaches our kids to be critical thinkers. And dirty words, of course, but that's just the price you pay."
                                [Accept]

"The right to free speech is a central tenet of our system of democracy," says religious leader Beth King. "But surely the right to not have your religious beliefs mocked by others is worth something, too? We mustn't put up with intolerance!"

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X