Important/Unimportant Game Features: Please Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important/Unimportant Game Features: Please Vote

I will be setting up quite a few polls to gather information from people.

Please remember that we are creating a game that people have been hoping for.

Infact, I read the CivIV wish list recently, and I was surprised that a lot of what is in there is in/going to be in Humanitas.
    ========================================

Poll 1: Please tick what you believe should be in the game.

Please give reasons and/or suggestions if you like.
    Wonder Movies
    20.54%
    Animated Terrain (resources, tree's, etc)
    27.68%
    Leaderheads
    16.07%
    End Game Movies
    35.71%
    be free

wonder movies - yes: it is always great to see when you had to work hard to get a wonder a movie of it...just an nice extra

animated terrain - yes: it is a nice tweak to see a world that is alive...but it is totally not importent

leadheads - no: it is nice to have but also not needed...it makes more sense to have a couple of different dimplomatic heads to talk to i guess

end game movies - yes: hell yes it is the same as with the wonder movies it makes the win just that extra fun

from the 4 they are all not really needed but i think then the movies are the most importent
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

None to be honest ...though after a long game it could be dissappointing to just see a "You won"-screen, so End Game movies if any of these.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I would go for wonder -and end movie(s), with after that animated terrain. But I realise that the latter will take a tremendous amount of work and time, so perhaps that after a sort of demo release?

Leaderheads I don't find necessary. Always found it akward in other civ games that the same guy keeps on staring at me throughout a couple of millennia's. Perhaps some sort of paperroll screen (or computer screen transcription in modern times) instead, as like the 'official' documents are passed to and fro.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

While all 4 would be nice, I've only voted for leaderheads and ending movies. However, Wonder movies are a really really nice extra

Leaderheads don't have to be fully 3d and animated IMO, but I think they need to be there. They're the embodiment of the country you're dealing with, and their mimicks allow you to see immediately their stance toward you. I find it saddening, for example, that there are no leaderheads at all in EU2, and that leaders play no role whatsoever in Victoria (both excellent strategy games)

Ending movies are a must. Humanitas is likely to be a game where the player spends much time on. There has to be a reward at the end. The Space ending of Civilization 1 was absolutely epic, and you felt like you had just led mankind from being unwashed hunters/gatherers to the peak of its glory and knowledge. Since Humanitas is going to be an epic game, it can do no less than an epic victory movie
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

None. Graphical gimmicks .
            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

The movies and splash screens do make the game for newbies.
              I think that when I first played civ II the wonder movies added to the game play even though they do take time and cpu resources. I know that most veteran players skip the wonder screens, but thats because they have seen them for hundreds of times.

On the leaders, imo they help, but they do not have to be in the game. For Civ games it just seems to be a 'must have' just because people have grown used to seeing them.

Comment

End game movie would be nice; the rest are unnecessary.

By the way, I've always loved your graphic mods Sn00py! Really looking forward to a game built with your stuff from the ground up.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

End game movies and wonder movies Definitely need those.

I voted for animated terrain, too. But IMHO it's important that this aspect not be overdone as to distract the player from the game. If implemented just a bit, though (for example, trees gently swaying in the wind, waves breaking at the shore, smoke from settlements), it can really make the game seem more alive.

Comment

Leaderheads should NOT be in. Reason: that way, you can add more different civs/leaders without having to worry about creating leaderheads. Just use a portrait instead, Civ2-style, or maybe Civ1-style.

Animated terrain CAN be in, but should be turn-offable. Reason: it's nothing but eye candy, but should be possible to turn off so that older dinosaur computers could play.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

End game movies are the only thing I voted for, as that's the only thing I consider truly important. Getting something more than "You won!" helps keep the illusion that you've done more than sit at the computer for hours.

Comment

Endgame movies and maybe animated terrain.
                        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

I never really cared about movies in Civ2. Sure they were nice to look at, but I would defently prefer to have some a world that looks alive than to have some wonder/end game -movies that you only see a few times each game
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I also go for none of the above. I would always pick AI over eye (and ear) candy.
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Wonder movies : It's always rewarding to see that you have actually complished something.

Animated terrain : Might be distracting and become quite repeative after a while.

Leaderheads : It adds personality and immersion. You don't have to anything better than static one-era pics.

End game movies : Same reason as wonder movies.

Of course, anything above isn't a must-be, but adds "that something" to the game.
                              The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                              - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Working...
                              X