No announcement yet.

Humanitas Game Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about the harbors...you obviously need them to build ships...will this be the same for land and air units...needing certain improvements to build them (for the land units atleast the more advance units because you do need a free buildable unit from the start of course)
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

For certain units there maybe a city improvement requirement for armies.

But most will just require the resource.
      be free

Comment

Early combat units should require barracks, stables, archery range, etc, then when u get tanks, etc then tank factorys should be needed.

Also with planes, air bases would be needed.

P.S I'm the programmer on this little venture.

Comment

You don't have direct control over discoveries, they are split into sections and you gain discoveries by how you play the game, so the more combat you engage in the more combat related discoveries you will get.

Inventions are some thing u invent, so like the wheel is an invention.

Comment

Hi jimmyh.

Airbases eh?

Will ports and airbases then take up a tile as well like some Wonders seem to do?

I'm starting to wonder here about the balance for enough resource-producing tiles and tiles used for these industrial 'specials'.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Resources in Hum are more abundant than what you would be used to in Civilization.

Ports take up a coastal tile; airbases we have not come to yet.
              be free

Comment

13. Population growth is not effected by how much food you gather.
                what effects it then? and what does food gathering effect?
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Population grows no matter what.

If you don't have enough food to feed the population, the death rate is higher, so you lose more population each turn than you gain.

Comment

Will demographics play a role in population growth (or lack thereof?)
                    Like people growing older with better health care, or less offspring be born in modern times as is happening in ie. Europe?
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yay, information

Sounds great, will there be a beta test for this game some day when you're closer to finishing the game?
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Sn00py, jimmyh: Are you the whole of the team, or do you have other colleagues working on the project as well?
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Starts at 10,000 BC?
                          (that should give me plenty of time to flee Atlantis )
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Sn00py, jimmyh: Are you the whole of the team, or do you have other colleagues working on the project as well?
                            At the moment yes, we are the only two; rest assured though we are incredibly fast.

In the future we have another programmer lined up to handle the AI. This will free Jimmy up to handle other work.
                            be free

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                              Will demographics play a role in population growth (or lack thereof?)
                              Like people growing older with better health care, or less offspring be born in modern times as is happening in ie. Europe?
                              The death rate will be less when you get better health, but i don;t think the birth rate will change over time.

Comment

Jim! Birth Rate is effected by the status of the city remember?

We haven't gone into great detail with that yet, but if after a great war for example, birth rate will be higher than normal.

While I am on it, there is a new feature we are adding; When all civilizations are at war, the newspaper (yes we are bringing the newspaper back) will pop up saying "World War 1 has begun". During a World War, production, science, will be higher, but depression, anger, etc will also be higher.

A WW can end for a few reasons, but I won't go into that yet as we have not sorted that out yet.

If all Civ's go into war again, WW2 will begin; so you can have many WW's in one game.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X