Humanitas (A New Civilization Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humanitas (A New Civilization Game)

Disappointed with CtP, CtP2 and Civilization III; myself and a friend (a great programmer) decided to take on our own mission and develop a new Civilization game, one that does include all of the depthness and fun that people have been begging for.

I know, I sound like an advert, but I am serious, we are not being funded, we have our own jobs and lives, so we will spend all the time we have available to us to produce this game.

We have infact been working on this for the past 2 years, we have developed 3 and almost 4 different versions of Humanitas; we would do this because we would not be happy with the way the game was becoming.

Over 5000 images have been produced just for this game, a lot are not being used (but I have still got them for records).

I want to show you some basic images of the game. I want you to tell me what you think of the terrain, the size, the scale, the way it looks, because me and the programmer want to know we are producing something that people can be happy with.

Does it look better than Civ3? Even Civ4?

Judging from the look, do you think the gameplay might very well turn out to be good?

We have added a lot more terrains than any of the Civ's have offered, the below screenshot is an area in Dry Desert.
    Attached Files
    be free

This is just to show cliffs. (the game does have beaches aswell (no cliffs).

When you plan a landing, it will take 1 turn to drop units off on cliffed coasts, but no turns on beaches. So that's one of the strategies that people would have to consider.
    Attached Files
    be free

Comment

Looks a LOT better than either Civ3 or Civ4.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I might post more screenshots just so people can see what we have created.
        be free

Comment

Please do.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

*jaw drops* It looks amazing...

Comment

I hope your friend programs as well as you create graphics.

Comment

He does, he used to make games for a living.

Suprisingly fast too. A lot of good talent out there, and I am willing to bet most of them are unknown to the market.
                be free

Comment

/me offers to betatest

Judging from the look, do you think the gameplay might very well turn out to be good?
                  How?

AFAIK it´s impossibe to judge like that, there are games that look great but have horrible gameplay (or maybe it´s just me )
                  Anyway, it does look better than Civ3 and Civ4
                  The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

The look reminds me very much of the isometic goodness of games like the Warlords series and the IE games (Baldur's gate etc) I love that detailed, painterly feel. Please tell me the game will support high resolutions
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

1024x768
                      be free

Comment

Oh, that isn't very high.

Comment

1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Just on the mark for my portable, tho.

Besides, the screenshots look like they're zoomed in. I don't suppose this is the normal size the player is shown ingame?

I like what I see here Sn00py, but it's impossible to tell how the gameplay will feel just on the look of those screenshots.
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Sn00py those are well above and beyond even your usual standard for graphic excellence

Would love to hear more of the details of gameplay, if you have a website or even a text doc ...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X