No announcement yet.

Humanitas (A New Civilization Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As things stand now, what are your plans regarding release? Do you plan for the game to be free, ala Courts of Candle'Bre, or do you aim for a commercial release, or something in between?

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Given the secrecy my money is on the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        Given the secrecy my money is on the latter.
        So you are willing to preorder the game already? Nice way to support inidie developers Spike!
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

wow!

nice screenshots, Sn00py, very professional work. i certainly would like to know more about the game.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by vovan

So you are willing to preorder the game already? Nice way to support inidie developers Spike!

Not before we even know anything about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
              Looks a LOT better than either Civ3 or Civ4.
              I'll second that- no where near as bubbly- more serious... just the right style for a serious game!

good luck with this!
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

I'll second that- no where near as bubbly- more serious... just the right style for a serious game!

good luck with this!
                I figured that's what Civilization players perferred.
                be free

Comment

btw, me and jim put in about 5-6 hours a day on this game.
                  be free

Comment

The screenies are very pretty. I actually think I prefer those to the cartoonish screens of Civ4. It feels more like a wild world, not necessarily a welcoming one, that is just beginning to be civilized
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Just a graphic comment that i'm sure you're aware of sn00py; on the second screen shot, the island one, how far are you to introducing a real shore line effect?
                      It would remove that 'hovering above the sea' effect?

And just so you read this right - i'm not making critical comments. I think what you and your friend are doing is the future of quality gaming.

I predict that most of my future gaming money will go towards guys and projects like yours. The mainstream has, for my taste, been hijacked by big suits with too strong links to holywood. And because of this i rarely find games with real depth/longevity to them. Its all 'play once, never again' games these days imho.
                      So people like you(and projects like Candle'bre and CTP2 soucre code etc) are my only hope of good gaming for the forseable future - good luck and i'll enjoy following your progress
                      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                        Just a graphic comment that i'm sure you're aware of sn00py; on the second screen shot, the island one, how far are you to introducing a real shore line effect?
                        It would remove that 'hovering above the sea' effect?

Coastal tiles are reserved for terrain improvements.

Ships (other than ancient boats) can no longer sail on a coastal tile. A coastal tile is made up of half cliff and half water by the way.

So when you want to land a ship, you must anchor the ship 1 tile away from the coast.

However, these large ships can dock at shipping ports. (which are built on coastal tiles.)
                        be free

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                          I predict that most of my future gaming money will go towards guys and projects like yours. The mainstream has, for my taste, been hijacked by big suits with too strong links to holywood. And because of this i rarely find games with real depth/longevity to them. Its all 'play once, never again' games these days imho.
                          So people like you(and projects like Candle'bre and CTP2 soucre code etc) are my only hope of good gaming for the forseable future - good luck and i'll enjoy following your progress

I know, so many games have been released in the past 5 years, a lot hyped up, most fall flat, a few come out great. But it still isn't like what it used to be. Most games used to be fun.

It seems to me now, that if you want a good game, you have to make it yourself; I have been watching about 10 "life changing" games in the past 5-7 years, and none of them succeeded in doing so. (Black and White was the biggest one I followed and the biggest to fall).

I may not have made a game before; but neither were those who made games back in the 80's and early 90's, they were first timers too, so maybe experience doesn't make a great game, but maybe ideas, imagination and knowledge make a great game. (of course so does programming and a touch of nice artwork )
                          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                            However, these large ships can dock at shipping ports. (which are built on coastal tiles.)
                            This sounds like you're already pretty far in more recent ages for ships.

Just a little *bump*
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

We have made a lot of progress over the past 2 weeks, so we're planning to release another screenshot in a few weeks or so.
                              be free

Comment

I'm a bit confused about the feedback you expect from these images. There is a nice terrain, but no units, no interface, so how do you expect a feedback for possible gameplay?
                                Clash of Civilization team member
                                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
                                X