Dinosaurs site gone off FIRAXIS webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinosaurs site gone off FIRAXIS webpage

So Civ3 will be released first, after all. Oh well.

http://www.firaxis.com/dinosaurs/

Comment

You know, it's just another sign of how pathetically disorganized and unprofessional the game industry is, when they can't even manage to maintain a once-a-month diary.

The last one was HOW many months ago?

There's really no excuse for that. It's a sign of disrespect to the audience that would never be tolerated in other industries.

--Stormdancer
      8 year veteran of the game industry

Comment

Yes, Mark, but it's no longer linked from the main page.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Snapcase on Snapcase on 01-15-2001 12:21 PM
          Yes, Mark, but it's no longer linked from the main page.

It never was linked from the main page except when they announced a new diary. There was always the link to SMACX and Antitem!
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

It used to be off to the side. Anyway, it's no longer linked from the Games page either. Which Civ3 is. I still think it means Dinasaurs is either scrapped or moved to after Civ3.

Comment

I wonder if they've reached a bit of a "Interlectual Plateau" in the development of Dinosaur's, and are maybe taking time-out for a while to concentrate on Civ3. The absense of designer diarys suggests that several design features are still undecided.

I know when I hit a particulary difficult level in a game, if I move onto something else for a while and come back to it later I can normally get past it. This, I think, is what Firaxis are doing.

Comment

In view of todays announcement from Firaxis, I hate to say to members "I told you so".

So I won't!

Or maybe I just have?

Comment

In view of todays announcement from Firaxis, I hate to say to members "I told you so".

So I won't!

Or maybe I just have?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Snapcase on Snapcase on 01-25-2001 08:11 AM
                    Or maybe I just have?

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Well, I would have had to have a good hard think about it.

------------------
                    - MKL ... "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
                    Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
                    - mkl

Comment

Working...
                    X