Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No... No... It's not true... THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No... No... It's not true... THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE...

From reading the latest piece about the Microprose Artist Joining FIRAXIS, I seem to have gotten the idea that they (*gasp*) want to make games that look good! Please dispel this ridculous notion. Anyone? Does this mean the Early Artwork (which frankly looked like 97 to me) will be thrown out in favour of an all-new spanking 3d engine? This can only mean good things...
    [This message has been edited by The Call of Snapcase (edited August 22, 2000).]

stuff like that looks 97 to you?

Comment

98 then. Possibly 99. One does not use pre-rendered 2d sprites in 2001 and expects to get away with it, I tell ya.

Comment

who said they are going to be pre-rendered 2d???

btw, ctp2 will have pre-rendered 2d graphics...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by The Call of Snapcase on 08-23-2000 04:42 AM
          98 then. Possibly 99. One does not use pre-rendered 2d sprites in 2001 and expects to get away with it, I tell ya.

Says who? Prerendered sprites are easy to get away with if they look good. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of games use a lot of prerendered sprites and you never notice...
          -------------
          Gordon S. McLeod
          October's Fools
          http://octobersfools.keenspace.com

Comment

quote:

Good games don't need to have good graphics. If it thrills me they can use sprites or whatever, if only it thrills me to play on and on and never stop.
            Quake3 for example has awesome graphics, but do I play it? - No. Counter-Strike on the other hand uses the Half-Life engine (modified Quake2) and do I play it? - Yes and its a lot fun.

Ata

Comment

Working...
            X