Have we all lost interest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we all lost interest...

..or is it just a lack of information? The dino board is so empty. Perhaps it's just because everyone is on vacation...

------------------
    Mathias' Civ II Page
    http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

it's not just lack of information, it's

TOTAL LACK OF INFORMATION

Comment

It's not just lack of interest; it's TOTAL lack of interest.

Dinosaurs? Does he think his player base is a bunch of seven and eight year olds?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, ... I hope I'm completely wrong about this too. It's just that I get so mad that this game is taking precedence over Civ 3.

Dinosaurs... sheesh.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Spider on 07-27-2000 08:19 PM
        Dinosaurs? Does he think his player base is a bunch of seven and eight year olds?
        so you didnt see Jurasic Park?
        quote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, ... I hope I'm completely wrong about this too. It's just that I get so mad that this game is taking precedence over Civ 3.
        this is only because it's developement begun a lot earlier...

Comment

Dino can end to be a great game or not, simply we haven't real info to guess it!

All here hopes for a good flow of info, taking into account the supposed release date of Christmas 2000.

Spider, don't forget that Firaxis (mainly Sid and two others guys) started to work on the Dino even before Firaxis make an agreement to start another CIV sequel.

About a Dino game beeing only good for 8 years old children... If Firaxis really believe it, it would make Dino available only for N64 and Playstation 2, not for PC.

I don't mean console aren't good for mature players (well, not for CIV IMO! ), but you can cash far less releasing a "8 years" target game on PC.

Never mind about the subject if a game is good realized and interesting for me.

But ehi!, Firaxis doesn't want real design feedback from us, the Customers and Fans, so it can't end to be really a good game, can it?

I'm cleaning my keyboard, just in case of the need of starting a "Dino 2 Wish List".

Not less than 5-600 pages, just to match Yin and friends effort

------------------
          Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I guess that's it. They aren't giving us enough to keep us thinking.
            What I'm waiting for is the first screenshot...

------------------
            Mathias' Civ II Page
            http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
            The Lost Geologist Blog
            http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

I can't see much to get excited about. A dinosaur Command & Conquer. *Yawn*

Bkeela.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I don't see how ruling a bunch of fat, dead monsters that have there brains in their tails to be entertaining, entrancing, challenging or FUN!

My $0.02.

**Now Christantine slithers back to Civ III**

------------------
                "Adorare Christantine!!!"
                Republican Decree #1
                "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Oh Really? Oh, so controlling a pack of Raptors and terrorizing all the other things isn't challenging? Controlling dinos would be HARD! I mean, evolving them so that they can survive, that doesn't sound easy, or boring. And the lack of info. on the game kinda keeps you from truly being able to take a side that has and actual point.
                  Civmew2, signing off.

Comment

Well, dinos can definitely turn out to be a great game, but though it may be a great game, it can't equall up to even a reasonably good civ game. It just doesn't have the thing that civ has to it. Alpha Centauri is an excellent game and far above the quality of civ 2 in many ways (except for graphics, I'd still prefer civ's distinctive 2D unit graphics to SMAC's murky 3D unit graphics that all look nearly the same). But it failed to gain the same popularity that civ 2 has because it doesn't have that thing civ 2 has. Dinos, if it turns out to be turn-based may have the same problem. If it is real-time, then I probably won't play it that much. But whatever happens I just hope it turns out good, and if Firaxis could give us a little info here and there to keep us optimistic it would be great.

Comment

It strikes me as odd that so many people instantly write off the idea of doing things with dinosaurs as stupid and childish... while games that do essentially the same sorts of things with humans are great and challenging. Is it just some bizzare species-ist thing?

Pretend they're not dinosaurs, but... a crash-landed race of incredibly advanced lizardish beings from another world! Wow! FUN! Or something. Anyway, it's just silly to blow off an entire game precept because it's based on a non-human.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Stormdancer on 08-02-2000 05:43 PM
                        Anyway, it's just silly to blow off an entire game precept because it's based on a non-human.

And I completely agree. I also have a question, did anyone here see Jurassic Park and The Lost World? Well those weren't designed for kids, since the dinosaurs wrecked havoc, destroyed stuff, and ate people. No sane three year old is really going to be attracted to that.
                        So, don't just shrug off a game because it's about dinosaurs, because if it sounds stupid (just by the name), you don't bother to look at the back of the box. When this comes out, look, and maybe you will see that this isn't some baby game where the object is to help blah blah. Have faith for once, and if your still don't like it, return it.

------------------
                        Civmew2, a Civingpsy Pokemon. It plays, comments, and even writes about the civilization games. It is known for extensive AI beating.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Christantine The Great on 07-31-2000 12:34 AM
                          I don't see how ruling a bunch of fat, dead monsters that have there brains in their tails to be entertaining, entrancing, challenging or FUN!

I can't help myself from posting this.... but from Christantines comments, how can you expect Dino's to sell well when there already are a bunch of NFL PC games that offer the same features?

Comment

Hmm, I also found it dumb that it would be a Dinosaur Game but then after some diaries the whole game became more and more interesting.
                            But well since we get absolutely no information on the game the community around it is very very thin.

Ata

Comment

If only they'd opt for 3D and try to do something along the lines (in terms of being revolutionary) of Black & White... I fear that going 2D these days is commercial suicide. And I'm worried about the way they have suggested evolution will work.

Comment

Working...
                              X