• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• release date speculation

fact: civ3 will not released in 2000
    fact: dino will be released before civ3

feel free to make guesses

dinos in just before christmas for the spending frenzy.... civ 3 summer 2001 .... which bites big IMO...... who cares about dinos.... i want some civ 3 action real bad...
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I'd say q4 at the earliest. . from what they've given us they havn't nailed down alot of specifics for the dino's game yet either. .
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Hmmm, Dino will be out by Christmas time this year. Probably they are using Antietam team to put Real Time (more or less) into Dino, so they can have SMAC team shifted to CIV III.
        Firaxis will need fresh cash, so the Dino game will be rushed out, ready or not!

Hammering Dino's patches for next six-nine months, they will not be able to put CIV III on the shelves until Christmas 2001.

Because they are probaly using ex-SMAC team into CIV III (they have enough people to work at two project simultaneusly, as Firaxis wrote), by the end of Dino main development (end of 2000) they will shift team effort into... SMAC II or another Civil war games.

Or they will have got so much money by then, they will lauch their IPO and everyone will become too rich to care of .

------------------
        Adm.Naismith AKA mcostant
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Don't forget that there are two different teams at work here, so patches for Dino's should not affect CIV3.

I will stick with my original prediction of
          March 15, 2001 with the final patch making the game playable out in Sept 2001.

Comment

Or maybe even when it's not done.
            VANGUARD

Comment

When its done?

ATa

Comment

they dont dare!

Comment

I agree, Christmas seems the most logical release date... Hope they fix all the bugs before release... I hate having to wait 5 months for patches, while already playing the game...

Comment

Don't buy the game until the patch comes out then Narck. Simple. (And maybe you will even get a discount price.)

Bkeela.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I don't really are, since I'm not buying games in the next 2 years.

It's just sad Firaxis is so small.... In number of employees, War3=Civ3+Dinos.

Ouch! :´-(
                      "Última flor do Lácio, inculta e bela,
                      És a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura."
                      Why the heck my posts # doesn't increase in my profile?
                      Some great music: Dead Fish; Rivets; Wacky Kids; Holly Tree.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Bkeela on 02-13-2000 01:59 AM
                        Don't buy the game until the patch comes out then Narck. Simple.
                        Not that simple, because I'll probably want to play the game nevertheless

Comment

Reviving an ancient topic here:

Firaxis shouldn't be strapped for cash. They have small teams, and their games have sold real well. (Esp ac.)

The fact that games are released buggy is not so much the fault of Firaxis as of EA. EAs quality assurance people are retarted idiots not worthy of the food they digest. Their feces have more brain than they do. They said that x-fire was ok when in fact some of the factions didn't even have their stated bonuses. They probably didn't even play the game, but smoked crack instead. (Firaxis best bet would be another publisher, as EA has really taken a turn for the worse, just look at the release uf Ultima IX.)

Both games will likely be out for christmas though. One for this and one for next. *grin*

Comment

When people mentioned 2000 as a date for Civ3, I decided they were mad... and mad they were. I say Xmas 2000 for Dinos (or slipping into 2001 like SMAC) and summer autumn 2001 for Civ3.

About patches... I think the only thing I need the Civ2 patch for is the white map grid. I have no SMAC patch... I would say that Sid is doing pretty good, compared to others at least.

------------------
                            Greetings,
                            Earthling7
                            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Specula... Wasn't it the ancient Latin word for magic mirror? People spoke to it, and it never answered... Then people told "Yes, it did answer, but I didn't hear it clearly. So, probably it is..." and so on. Speculation, schmeculation.
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                              X