Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MarkG is praying: turn based, turn based, turn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adm.Naismith, that looks me a goods system especialy for multiplayer

Comment

Adm.Naismith I've seen a newer game with a similar system as you decribed. It a KOEI game thats never reached the english world (never translated...and yes english is my second langrage) Its a empire builting TBS(set in ancient(all close range combat) China(lots of people...like 4 armies 20,000 each)) with a semi TB/RT style combat.

The combat system have simultaneus turns(3days a turn) and is resolved in real time. Fighting take place when two units of different sides get close(even when they are moving away from each other). The duration of combat depens on the time both side stay close each other.(by the way enemy can block your way but friendly units can be stacked unlimted times) It doesn't have big tiles as in most TBS(it does, but its so small its like a RTS), it looks(and plays)like a RTS. Basic commands like move aside, there are more RTS commands like chase attack and Goals for each unit once the commanded objective is reached(ie. killed the unit you commanded to kill) There are also commands like set-fire that takes more thought(because you'll have to guess where the enemy will be when you set the fire).

Its a fun game....only if the Ai doesn't rush past my army and take my ungurded cities....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

First: The "Sweep of Time" trilogy doesn't seem to be a literal trilogy. Rather it is a brand name, to fit the games Sid/Firaxis cooks up.

Second: I wouldn't mind a good RTS. But please, for god's sake, could we have a RTS where you don't harvest resources, construct buildings, climb a tech tree, and crank out units? Just because they did it that way in Warcraft, does every single RTS out there have to fit the same pattern? It works for Star/Warcraft. But look at how it's shoehorned into, say, Age of Empires. Most of the scenarios are supposed to represent a single battle. But since they are locked into the *.craft model, battles last for thousands of years, you go from the stone age to iron age in the battle of Marathon, etc. The best scenarios are ones where there IS NO BUILDING. Luckily, this is how Gettysburg works. Each previous battle should affect the next, but the gather/build/attack model is waaaaay to tired.
        Think Galactically -- Act Terrestrially

Comment

Just a note:

No one really knows if some of the dinosaurs were smart or not.

I WANT A DILOPHISOROUS UNIT THAT SPRAYS ACID EVERYWHERE! I saw Jurassic Park one too many times!

------------------
          Nick Crown (Greek.)
          Yasou!
          Nicholas Crown
          http://forums.quantum9.com/cgi-bin/f...=10&LastLogin=
          The War of Civilization - An online Civilization text game.

Comment

Working...
          X