Sweep of Crap trilogy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep of Crap trilogy?

What is up with this dinos thing? I'm VERY skeptical about it, to say the least, but even considering that it might be a great game, how in hell is it going to relate to civIII or smac at all in a way that is the least bit fun? Second, this will make SMAC, the last part of the trilogy also the oldest one. who would want to play through dinos, civiii, and THEN play smac, which at that time will be outdated? Unless they redid smac and made it better. .

civIII is the only thing that looks promising at this point, the rest of it looks like crap. . thoughts?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Hmm, I fail to see how you can describe a game as "crap" even though you know practically nothing about it. All we know so far about this game is that it's supposed to be about dinosaurs. No more, no less.

Granted, the game might be crap, I wouldn't know, but since we know nothing about it, it seems a bit premature to make any statements about it.

I think we all get a bit carried away when we are trying to grasp the actual content of the game. I know I'm confused However, I look forward to watching the game develop and hopefully, it will make sense too

Comment

Well, there was talk of making SMAC 2. I don't know if it is true or not, but it was posted in a previous thread.

------------------
      - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
      Mars Colonizer Mission
      - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
      Mars Colonizer Mission

Comment

stupidity isn't a crime. But it should be.

Comment

Wow, lookie at the junior's that learned to read!

Hey dude, why don't you try reading my post man? All i said about the dino's game is that i'm skeptical about it, i didn't say IT was crap.. .
          i said the sweep of time trilogy idea is shaping up to be crap, and considering i know a LITTLE bit about it, i think i'm able to at least start a discussion on it.
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Connor, calm down mate! Sweep of Time is an obvious fit, and to me, a great idea.

The creation of Earth, leading to Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs was a major part of this planets process of evolution. Then came the humans, which is where CivIII will come in, and then comes Space Travel, meeting other aliens and landing on alien terrain.

It's starting from the beginning to the end (well kinda the end). This makes better sense rather than starting half way.

Besides, the games will be sold seperatly. You don't have to be apart of the sweep of 'crap' you can just buy civIII and that's it, you're away.

And yeah, Brian said they will update SMAC to todays standards aswell. (CivIII style).

Remember this though, If you want to know what CivIII is going to look like, keep a look out for screenshots of the game Dinosaurs.

Comment

"And yeah, Brian said they will update SMAC to todays standards aswell."

What a crazy world this is.. SMAC isn't even 1 year old yet, and we're already talking of updating it to "today's" standards.

Comment

Well said, Loki -- Remember too that Sid Meier is the same guy who designed Civ AND "CPU Bach." I don't know why people expect him to do something other than what for him is totally original.

Personally I don't care if this new game literally "fits" with Civ III or not, and wouldn't be surprised if in the end it didn't. Even if "Sweep of Time" turns out to be only the designers' grand theory of unification, it would still work.

I suppose it's fair to say that some just aren't interested in what they don't know.

Comment

SMAC isn't even 1 year old yet, and we're already talking of updating it to "today's" standards.

Many CivII scenarios had better graphics than SMAC according to my standards.:-)

------------------
                  St. Leo
                  http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                  http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

SMAC is not up to todays standards, graphicaly. Infact, I've seen better early 1997.

Thankfully Firaxis have hired new artists, and judging from the artwork on the Dinosaurs webpage, there is an improvement.

Comment

SMAC is one beutiful game. If graphics could use some work it is unit graphics then. I think the terrain is ok, and ocean particulary. The 3D look is nice, too.

There is The Ultimate Map Question though:
                      Why didn't they animate te ocean? This goes for Civ II also and CTP.
                      It would realy be worth the effort (just look at civ I )

Comment

Wow, look at the angry Christian. What ever happened to turning the other cheek? It's true, junior civers can read. Just like senior civers can be completely childish. As you have illustrated so well with your ever so intelligent put-down. I simply thought your statement about the triligy is pre-mature. I just disagree with what you said. Don't get bent out of shape. Cope.

Comment

BTW: I don't recall ever accusing you as being a victim of stupidity. But thanks for volunteering, kimbro.
                          [This message has been edited by RenderDrone (edited December 21, 1999).]

Comment

For all we know the sweep of time trilogy could just be three completely separate games in one box that have nothing to do with one another. The only connection that it might have could just be the ending movie of one game becomes the starting intro movie of the next game. Now for me that would be perfectly acceptable as a trilogy, just like how civ2 ended and SMAC started.

Monkey I am proud to be!
                            Trim the sails and roam the sea!
                            Trim the sails and roam the sea!
                            ...Stefu

Comment

RenderDrone: See my most recent post in the other thread. .
                              -connorkimbro

-theonion.com

Comment

Working...
                              X