• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution the game(see!)

http://evolution.discovery.com/

I am just trying to get the demo, lets see what this game can

Comment

Geezuz! Does Sid know about this?

I'm downloading it now, and the movie cutscenes, to see how good they are.

Comment

Stop d/ling right now... I just played it and, while it's a good idea, it plain sucks. The only thing you can do is moving the animals around for better hunting/feeding ground and looking at them evolving. Kinda pointless.
        -Karhgath

Comment

ARGGGHHH I downloaded that crappy game for about 1 hour just to find out I cant install it, due to some error, although I meet the requirements!!!

Ata

Comment

you can also attack other animals, and evolve a species to have a better attack towards another(of the enemy)

Comment

yeah, but that's about it. Absolutely no depth in this game, althought the full game might be cool in some way(I can't say I didn't appreciated turning my little lepidicus in monkeys), but it's not worth the title of a good game. Sid must look at this game... and not do his dino game like that, hehe. Anyway, I don't have worry, Sid's games always have lots of depth compared to this thing. Evolution looks more like an encyclopedia/educational program, and I can appreciate it for that, just not as a game.

-Karhgath
              -Karhgath

Comment

Neat. Sorta a rip off of SimEarth, though. A bit....That was a cool game.
                Existence is Futile.

Comment

True. I was only able to play in B&W on an old Mac (wow... B&W... yikes) and it was pretty rockin'. I liked the spinning-globe view - Civ needs one of those.

Wheathin

Comment

*cough* *cough* wheathin, ToT *cough* *cough*
                    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I was only able to play [SimEarth] in B&W on an old Mac (wow... B&W... yikes) and it was pretty rockin'.

Want an abandonware download link?:-)

P.S. Did you find the Evolution site on your own or did you just copy it from one of my posts on other forums? ;-)

------------------
                      St. Leo
                      http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I dug out my old copy of SimEarth this morning.. it was a lot more fun than I remembered

Comment

How'd you do the Santa smiley?
                          darkgrendel: DM, writer, and all-around raving lunatic.
                          Proud member and administrator of the Wavy Club

And no, I'm not dead.

Comment

Karhgath, just look at the publisher, Discovery multimedia. Its supposed to be encyclopedic and educationnal.

Titan.

Good government never depends upon laws, but upon the personal qualities of those who govern. The machinery of government is always subordinate to the will of those who administer that machinery. The most important element of government, therefore, is the method of choosing leaders.
                            Law and Governance
                            The Spacing Guild Manual

Comment

Incidentally, all you Sim Earth players...
                              If you create a Nanotech age city and use the events panel to nuke it, robots excape from the nuclear blast.

Robots are a class of life that survive in all biomes, even ocean and arctic and if robots form a civilisation then their cities start at Industrial Age Level

Comment

Working...
                              X