Recommended Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Books

Dougal Dixon has written a great book called "The New Dinosaurs".

It is a visual exploration of how Dino's may have evolved if they had not gone extinct. Plenty of hairy T-Rex types, and even a bee like communal dino hive, I believe.

Another fun (fiction) book is "Dinosaur Summer" by Greg Bear, a return to the Lost World of Conan Doyle. Lots of fun, modern dinos.

How new is this book? I had a look at Amazon and although there are loads Dino books by said author I can't seem to find this one...

Comment

"The New Dinosaurs" is probably between 10-15 years old, but doesn't look it. It's a beautiful book.

"Dinosaur Summer" shouldn't be more than 3-4 years old. Probably much newer. Try searching for "Greg Bear". (It's fiction, if that helps.. a real adventure story)

UPDATE: I found it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...346719-5628610
      Dunno if this link will work, but a search for Greg Bear found it right away.

The New Dinosaurs is at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...346719-5628610
      It wasn't on the first page of a Dougal Dixon search, but it's in there. I also reccomend "After Man" (A zoology of life after humans are gone) and "Man After Man" (humanities evolution). Both fun coffee table books.
      [This message has been edited by NotLikeTea (edited December 20, 1999).]

Comment

Thankyou, a Xmas present to myself I think!

Comment

Which book? (I reccomend The New Dinosaurs, personally)

Comment

Should have made myself clear - it was The New Dinosaurs that grabbed my interest.
            However, on closer inspection the book is out of print!!!!!!!

Comment

Amazon says they'll search around a bit in other bookstores to see if they can find a copy.

Worth a look, or else see if your library has a copy.

Comment

Working...
              X