What exactly is this forum for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is this forum for?

Is this old games or one in specific? Just kind of odd to have a forum out here for nothing...

It used to be about Sid Meier's Dinosaurs which he was talking about developing around the time of Simgolf. There were a few other threads about dinosaurs in generals.

I'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet, although I haven't heard lately whether Sid actually plans to produce the game or not.
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

LOCK IT LOCK IT
      “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

It's indeed weird that it is still open. On the other hand, I'm sure there are more important issues to take care of for our mods/admins.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It wouldn't be a first if Sid went back to revive a long-dead project, so keeping this forum open may yet repay itself one day...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Although the total effort expended keeping spam out of this forum would outweigh any potential benefit if Sid did decide to produce the game after all. Opening and closing forums doesn't take that much effort.

Although a cynical part of me thinks Markos keeps this open so that every so often when someone spams the dinosaur forum, he gets to have fun with his banning rod.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I for one would welcome a Sid Meier dinosaur-related game if it ever did come. I'm not sure if it'd be better to leave the forum open or just make a new one when the game was released.
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

It's not yet IMO a good idea to kill the Dino forums. Dinosaurs may yet one day come. You can't deny that.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

This way, if the game ever does get revived, we can truly say we're by far the oldest fansite on the web for this game
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Looks like a cool game. I'll have to stop by every once in a while.

Comment

Loc,

that's true. Frankly Poly's old Dino coverage isn't bad at all. After all it's also the only one.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Although a cynical part of me thinks Markos keeps this open so that every so often when someone spams the dinosaur forum, he gets to have fun with his banning rod.

/me puts on an old Status Quo song...
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                        X