Why doesn't the AI use nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI

but it really pissed me off when that happened here i was trying to make a lasting peace agreement as my forces were depleted. but fear not i know have at least 5-8 nukes and i will use them against wales if they don't surrender.

i also took the liberty of actually putting planes in th carriers for good old mexico. and supplying both scotland and mexico with nukes to see if they would use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
      That sounds like Cradle or WaW mod?
      No, it was a SAP2 game...

But i think it would be a good idea in the unmodded/SAP2 game to enable preemptive nuclear strikes for the AI.
      I will test Martin's settings along with his New City Capture Options and his BetterAI in my next SAP2 game.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm new the the site here, but ive been playin CIV2 and CTP2 for sometime...I have been gettin adapted to changing my game files to accomodate massive worlds with numerous nations. During one of which games wherein i was Thailand, a glorious empire reaching to every end of the earth through combat and noncombat warfare. When peace came between Mongoila and ourselves in 1400's i never expected much out of mongolia, a country that had three other nations rule its original lands for a few centuries. After mongolia, with my assistance, reaquired its original lands mongolia began to thrive. becomeing the second largest military second to myself. They began a war with Thailand and failed miserably, but not without much resistance to my own forces. After my first strike capabilities took out Genghis Khan's main tank forces with tactical nuclear missles (the tank forces residing in cities) pre-determined hit sites were activated by mongolia. missles fired from cities out of my hands into cities on the former border of mongolia-thailand. i was suprised but thought little of it, but then two more missle attacks ahve made me realise mongolia is in this war till the bitter end.

The AI does use nukes.!

Comment

Guys i have a big problem, know i only have an army of 150 were about 3/4 through the modern age, russia has an army of over 400 including 30 cruise missiles. Spain keeps attacking my boats (on an island near me). Ireland and the zulus i can deal with, mexico and russia both have nukes. i can't win i need help. should i use Nukes to wipe my enemies out??

Comment

Use them as tactical bombs, use them to blow up stacks and there key cities, but don't whipe them out from the face of the earth(fallout and regard)

It seams like Russia is the biggest threat so you should probably use most of your ground and air forces to defeand the Russian frontier but use all availible Marines, carriers and navy air force on the Spaniards.
            (but if Russia is on a another continent you should strife to rule the seas and then it doesn't matter how big there land force is) And if you can get an alliance with Ireland and the zulus (bribe them threaten them whatso ever as long as they are on your side
            When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

But the Zulus loath and hate me, every time i try to get them to like me they hate me even more, as for russia i will do as you suggested.

Comment

When you go to war remember this: Never give the enemy time to regroup, you must beat them until they beg for peace, then beat them more

Comment

Originally posted by ískallin
                  When you go to war remember this: Never give the enemy time to regroup, you must beat them until they beg for peace, then beat them more
                  This is what I call Diplomacy...

Does someone know if the Nukes or Cruise Missiles are better used by the AI Civs in CtP1 than in CtP2?

I have just read the ReadMe of Celestial Dawn's Apolyton Pack for CtP1 and it is suggesting the AI is able to launch an invasion across the oceans or even to use its planes adequately.
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't now i havent tried CtP1
                    YES i know that i'm a heathen!

Comment

Working...
                    X