• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't the AI use nukes

Why doesn't the AI use nukes!!
    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

because of greenpeace?

no actually iirc the last time i got nuked when i played civ2 quite a lot of years ago.

has anybody any experience with the mad system?

Comment

Ive never even seen the AI build one let alone use them, same goes for cruise missiles. Could be something to do with the unitbuildlists.txt in the default game anyhow.

In fact cruise missiles arent even listed in unitbuildlists.txt but nukes are, probably just never uses that type of list with nukes in.

God knows what would happen if they did, would be funny though.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

the question is, whether the ai understands how nukes work (detention (sp?)) and that, IF they are to be used, if they will be smart enough to use them on strategic points.

i presume if they build nukes they will just fire them on anything they see, even if that means nuking their own territory or units.

Comment

You could make them just build up nukes in cities near enemies, then when theres a high risk against that city, or any enemy launches a nuke, they launch them back only at enemy cities. Just speculating.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Well if I see such mods like ApolytonPack, MedPack and Cradle the AI get never the tech to build nukes, at least not early enough.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

the activion guys prob have it turned off cus the Ai might mess up when using them and let it blow somewhere ... friendly?

Comment

They used their nukes..........
                Attached Files
                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

2 ais nuking each other?

Comment

So which mod ískallin?

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

to me... only cus im specktic (sp), i think that's polution and not nukes (its not even in "circles" either

Comment

Yeah but theres a message about nuclear weapons being used, unless ískallin was the one using nukes aswell somewhere else on the map?

Also the second 2 strips of pollution to the right looks like where there used to be a city.

Comment

do nukes always leave all dead tiles or just some of the tiles in its path?

Comment

Just some tiles at random go dead from a nuke. It can have the same effect as pollution in a city from over production, but from that screenshot theres a city missing, or so it seems.

Comment

Somebody might want to look at strategies.txt and goals.txt...
                              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                              X