No announcement yet.

4th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 3 September - 3 November 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESC doesn't work...it's possible that my civ.exe is destroyed...had many crashes in the last days...but thanx...anyway...i post the autosave...and locutus can try to finish..it's the finish-move by end-year...

Comment

• ok...that's it...looks a little bit crazy...had renamed some citys and disband many citys one the main-continent..for better organization and handling with my opponents...
      Attached Files

Comment

• oh..and i forget....just walk with the fusion-tank-army into the last egyptian-city..down under..

DD

Comment

• I can no longer contimue my game (I'm at about 500AD) as it now crashes after every turn. (during the AI's movement phase). I'm not sure my game was winable anyway, so it's no big loss. It was still a lot of fun (although also frustrating).

I've started a new Cradle game with some slight modifications to the program. Instead of giving the AI such a huge head start in advances, I limited the number of upgradeable units the Human player has available to about 50% of the total unit types (basically every other advance in each category). For example, the AI can still develop Hoplite's and Man At Arms, but the Human can not. I also eliminated the ability of the Human to upgrade units already produced, and made a corresponding decrease in gold production. I'm only at 3000BC so far, but it has worked out pretty good. The AI armies are still far superior, but I no longer have the problem of fighting Legions with Warriors! I also made some other minor changes to address "pet Peaves" of mine. I greatly reduced the probablities of success for Spy's and Slavors, as they have always been out of line with reality. (I once won a CIV 2 game by building only Spy's and Boats! It was the easiest win I ever made). I also reduce the number of points awarded for Wonders from 500 to 100. At 500 points per Wonder, they just dominate the toyal score and power graph's.

Comment

• I agree, despite making the game much harder for the human, giving the AI such a big tech lead makes the player feel like he cant do anything about it, which leads to frustration. (to me at least). But each to their own.

Shame you cant finish this month
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I'm still hangin' on!

I don't belive it! Now THIS is a damn exciting turn of events...!!!

I agree, AI gets too much of a lead and it gets boring... I was really just going through the motions of getting defeated... BUT!

Then I discovered that my main enemy (Greens) has spread themselves too thin, and they sometimes leave the odd city TOTALLY unguarded!

So while they're out on the fronts trying to take all my freakin' cities, I'm whistling around with my chariots and horseys on their wonderful railway systems, dodging their tanks and bombers, taking the odd city here and there, for a total of about 10 cities now taken!!!!!!!

The biggest has been 25, most in the teens.
              I can't possibly hold these cities so I just disband them. Actually I'm starting to hold them now as the Greens are weakening... their power graph is starting to make a downtrend. They're still third... but I've dented their armour... just gotta keep cruising my scouts around looking for vulnerable cities...

I'm gunna crush them damn it!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT, THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Shadow
              3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Ahhh, my first Nuke!
              Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

• Shadow, its great to hear about the turn of events!! Patience appears to have come in handy

mnbryan, it's a bummer about the game. Do you think that the AI may have been pillaging neutral tile improvements? This will cause crashes very similar to what you've mentioned. If so, Martin G. created a fix that may work for you.

Comment

• Loc, what's the final date for submissions?

My game it taking ages... each turn takes around 2 minutes to cycle through, and I can't always devote hours a day to it?

Are you still going to put a small extension on it?
                  3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Ahhh, my first Nuke!
                  Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

• Originally posted by mnbryan37
                    I also reduce the number of points awarded for Wonders from 500 to 100. At 500 points per Wonder, they just dominate the toyal score and power graph's.
                    How did you change that?

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway

How did you change that?
                      Its in DiffDB.txt

Code:
                      FEATS_FACTOR			100.0
                      ADVANCES_FACTOR			10.0
                      WONDERS_FACTOR			500.0
                      CITIES0TO30_FACTOR		10.0
                      CITIES30TO100_FACTOR		25.0
                      CITIES100TO500_FACTOR		50.0
                      CITIES500PLUS_FACTOR		100.0
                      CITIES_RECAPTURED_FACTOR	50.0
                      POPULATION_FACTOR		2000.0
                      RANK_FACTOR			2000.0
                      OPPONENTS_CONQUERED_FACTOR 	500.0
                      ALLIES_FACTOR			300.0
                      WONDER_VICTORY_BONUS		500.0
                      SOLO_VICTORY_BONUS		5000.0
                      ALLIED_VICTORY_BONUS		5000.0
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• J Bytheway

The place to modify the number of points given per Wonder is in the DiffrDB file in the gamedata folder. This file has a number of the starting parameters for each level of difficulty. This is also where you can modify the number of Advances the AI starts with and the probability of getting various begining Advances. I modified the Wonder's # of points as it greatly distorts the Power Graph's, as the weakest player can be rated number 1 if all it did was build the majority of the Wonders.

Centrifuge,

I do have Martin's fix installed that corrects the problem of pillaging on unoccupied tiles. The first two times I crashed it was while the AI was pillaging a tile on a city I had previously captured and was currently occuping. Now the crash happens so fast it's not obvious what is happening at the time of the crash.

Comment

• Actual it is not needed to install my fix on Cradle: It is already in. I think the crashes are rather caused by some part of DiploMod. I had in the two previous tournerment games problems with DiploMod, too.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Speaking of tournament games, are you playing in this one Martin?

Comment

• Originally posted by centrifuge
                              Speaking of tournament games, are you playing in this one Martin?
                              So far I have no idea if I can, because I have some uni work that should be first done. Well so far I did not install Cradle v.1.33.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                                Well so far I did not install Cradle v.1.33.
                                In case you do find the time to play in this one, the tourney is still using Cradle v.1.32.

Comment

Working...
                                X