3rd Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 1 August - 1 September 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 1 August - 1 September 2002

After only a short delay this time, here's the third tournament. One thing to be alert about is that the autosave is stored in the folder Wilhe, not in LeifE as one would expect from a Vikings game. A weird bug, but it doesn't affect the game so I decided to let it live...

This month, the tournament is played with GoodMod for Apolyton Pack, as I announced earlier (but not with the ultra-gigantic version as I wanted, there were too many problem in setting everything up). Installation instructions are on the website (see below for link). Martin made an update for this mod just a few days ago, so make sure you have the latest version (v0.993), see websites for download/update/forum links if needed.

I had a look at the map (and even made some minor alterations, but only minor ones) and, although this is not the game I originally had in mind, I think it will be an interesting one. Without wanting to give away too much, the beginning may or may not be great, but I think that later on in the game it's pretty much guaranteed to get interesting...

Good luck to all participants! And please people, play! Last month's edition had only 4 official entries

Theme: Rulers of the Seas
    Mod: GoodMod1 for Apolyton Pack v0.993
    Level: Hard
    Size: Huge Map
    Barbarians: Raiders
    Ocean-Land: 0%
    Island-Continent: 30%
    Wet-Dry: 70%
    Warm-Cold: 30%
    Uniform-Diverse: 70%
    Few Goods-Many Goods: 70%
    World shape: Doughnut
    Bloodlust: Off
    Pollution: On
    Civilization: Vikings
    Opponents: 7 (Dutch, English, Indonesians, Polynesians, Arabs, Indians, Phoenicians)
    Victory types allowed: All

Game file

Website
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Thanks locutus. Rulers of the Seas, that sounds ominous.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I can only join this one or the MP tourny so I hope you don't mind if I choce MP.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i love how the first hut's so close... but i wonder wheres all the water

Comment

Originally posted by HuangShang
          i love how the first hut's so close... but i wonder wheres all the water
          The water is around you, you have first to research a tech that allows a deep ocean chip, to leave it.

By the way was someone of you able to build a wonder in the early game?

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

-Martin
            I was able to build the Pyramids first (I don't remember the year). And IIRC, I had the tech to build the Great Wall but was WAY too far behind others Civs working on it to get there before them.
            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

400 ADish - Still stuck on that stupid island. I'm behind in tech and probably everything else but it won't be long before I get Longships and launch my invasion (which will probably be crushed easily).
              Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

i just noticed while playing it... what GoodMod does it use?
                i mean the good mod for which mod... or did i install .993 wrong?
                do they all work

Comment

Goodmod for the Super Apolyton Pack

Comment

Oh... than i restarted for nothing ... to bad

i had to turtle b/c of the barbs anyway

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal
                      I was able to build the Pyramids first (I don't remember the year). And IIRC, I had the tech to build the Great Wall but was WAY too far behind others Civs working on it to get there before them.
                      Yeah I was also able to build the Ramajana, I concentrated on it so I was finished as all the other civs where just starting it.

Originally posted by Turambar
                      400 ADish - Still stuck on that stupid island. I'm behind in tech and probably everything else but it won't be long before I get Longships and launch my invasion (which will probably be crushed easily).
                      May your invasion as succesfull as this one. (I lost four cities to this AI all the cities on this island accept the capital.) That was worth a reload.

-Martin
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey folks,

Count me in, glad to see I'm finally here in time for one of these tournaments.

Looks pretty exciting so far.

Shadow
                        3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Ahhh, my first Nuke!
                        Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

-Martin
                          I got soooo close to the Chichen Itza. About 3 turns to be exact. I was about 7 turns from completion then the popup came that Saladin was nearing completion etc so i switched after a few turns, fearing he would beat me to it.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

May your invasion as succesfull as this one. (I lost four cities to this AI all the cities on this island accept the capital.) That was worth a reload.
                            Isnt that cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              Isnt that cheating?
                              Torunament Rules
                              - You can submit only one game
                              I can only submit one game, so what should I do if I lose half of my empire? Or what is this method just using slaveres to increase your city size to extremly high numbers waiting until they will revolt and form a new nation and then you conquere them. Or what is if all your cities in the early game are conquered by Barbarians will you submit this conquerd by force loss?

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X