X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time you have one week days (as do I )... I suggest you use it
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

OK almost finished, decided for diplo-victory again. I havent made contact with the Mayans yet. It seems like alot depends on their personality. If theyre not willing to make peace then it could drastically stretch out my game, having to go all the way to them to kick their sorry @ss.
      It seems in some other peoples games the Mayans came out as the strongest AI, strangely i got the Mexicans and Romans. Although the Romans are quite peaceful. So im currently slicing my way through the Mexicans with a load of knights.
      I thought they would have defended their capital slightly better than 3 cannons. Especially as that city had the Gutenburgs Bible. Maybe it wont take so long afterall.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

It appears i was wrong. Gutenburg's Bible was in a city close to Mexico City, Juarez. The capital, Mexico City, was actually very well defended i remember. It put my mind at rest, i thought the ai was going weak on me. The Romans certainly arent. Soon after i conquered the Mexicans a Mayan city revolted and formed a new civ, calling themselves the Aztecs apparently. Its looking more and more like a high score victory every turn
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Somehow, I lost contact with this thread, and was unaware that a new Tourney had started. I havn't tried the Impossible level yet, so probably couldn't compete anyway.

Bill

Comment

Only 3 days left, I fear we may get only very few submissions this month

mnbryan37,
            I still have to start as well, in 3 days it *should* be possible... But if not, I'll make sure the 3rd Tournament starts shortly after this 2nd one ends, so stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
              Only 3 days left, I fear we may get only very few submissions this month

mnbryan37,
              I still have to start as well, in 3 days it *should* be possible... But if not, I'll make sure the 3rd Tournament starts shortly after this 2nd one ends, so stay tuned!
              Yeah two days and three hundret of turns left (at least for me), so that should be possible.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Well, this is a new one for me...

I was finishing up my tournament game, and this happened:
                Attached Files

Comment

Yeah whats that all about, same thing happened to me and ive seen them going round the other AI cities too. Are they becoming civilized or what?

Comment

I should finish tomorrow, i've changed my goal in this game so many times, i dont know what it is i'm trying to do at the moment. I should've practiced with this Mod more, i think.

Comment

OK it is time now to submit the third save game to this thread. After three days of playing (and getting bored by the slow progress in science) I made it. Unfortunatly I didn't conquered the world this time, but a diplomacy victory will do it, too. The save game is from the year 2166 AD, just hit the end turn button you will, I have in the end 14355 points. Of course I used again my own Colors00.txt as it doesn't change any rhules just the civ colors it should be ok.

-Martin
                      Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I'm submitting two saved games. In playing the tournament, I seem to have encountered some severe bugs in the SAP. I tried a playing style like I've never done before, and obtained some very interesting results. I didn't build a single city improvement, and until about 1700, every city that I took over, I enslaved. This resulted in my cities going into rebellion after rebellion, and continuously forming new nations, therefore, instead of simply crushing the eight civs that started the game, I ended up defeating over 30 . This of course, boosted my score by extreme measures, which I'd say is the first bug that I encountered. The next and most irritating bugs, involved "invisible civs" Civs such as the Incans would out of nowhere introduce themselves to me, but they didn't exist , meaning that there were no cities or units to be seen anywhere on the map, they would just out of nowhere show up and be existant only in the diplomacy screen. This was very irritating, and the only way that I found to defeat them, was to give them one of my cities, and then turnaround and retake the city in the same turn. The third big bug involved Mexico City, if you take a look at the saved game you'll understand... Due to the enslaving a several cities, Mexico City was able to grow by enormous proportions, even after I stop sending slaves to any cities and/or the slaves revolted(thus making themselves free), Mexico City was able to grow as much as one population point per turn, so that by the time that my second attached saved game was over, it's size was well into the 400's. Well, this first game that I'm attaching is the one that I would have intended to turn in had it allowed me to win. Locutus, please take a close look at it, I'm more than certain that there are no other civs present after I took the last Chinese city.
                        Bloodlust, 1806 AD
                        Attached Files

Comment

OOPs, here's the second one, this time it did allow me to win,however, I had to give the "phantom" Incas one of my cities, and then retake it in the same turn
                          Bloodlust 2062 AD
                          Attached Files

Comment

OK im pulling out this month, one thing after another, i lost interest in this one. First i thought my game was coming to an end with a diplo victory in sight, with everyone in alliances to me. Then now after 4/5 turns of peace one of the ai asks me to attack the other one. So i decline, break the alliance and force it again. This happens for about 10 turns, mainly because i really dont feel like mobilizing my blokes for a lenghthy overseas battle. So i end turn, then i get a fatal exception and it boots me out to desktop.
                            Its about 1960ad and i havent been back to it since. Im sure ill take part in the next one, hope more people play next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              OK im pulling out this month, one thing after another, i lost interest in this one. First i thought my game was coming to an end with a diplo victory in sight, with everyone in alliances to me. Then now after 4/5 turns of peace one of the ai asks me to attack the other one. So i decline, break the alliance and force it again. This happens for about 10 turns, mainly because i really dont feel like mobilizing my blokes for a lenghthy overseas battle. So i end turn, then i get a fatal exception and it boots me out to desktop.
                              Its about 1960ad and i havent been back to it since. Im sure ill take part in the next one, hope more people play next time.
                              Your so close to the goal, I had for 20 turns a military threaty something different from an alliance, can only sign alliances if you have embessies, so I moved at the with a diplomat around the world, but then I was able to sign all the necessary alliances, of course civilisation that don't accept the alliance could be fprced to sign it with a threat of war, do it although you don't indent to declare war.

-Martin

Comment

Too bad this month had so few entries I guess it was a little *too* hard. I will post a new tournament and rankings for this one soon. I'm almost (but not quite) certain that next tournament will be played on Very Hard GoodMod, hopefully that will be more manageable...
                                But Martin, you're the expert, your advise would be welcome: maybe King is better still?

Comment

Working...
                                X