Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Mod confusion

I have a few Mod related questions.

I noticed some (e.g. Frenzy AI, and all the related mods) don't seem to work with modswapper. If they do, I need an idea of how to make them do that. If I just copied those files over the normal ones, that works? I lose those AI improvements when I load another mod? I've not played with SLIC code, and I don't know that I really want to.

Is the AI included in ApolytonPack sufficently agressive / not retarded in technology?

I've noticed I have SLIC errors all over the place in the Alexander the Great scenario. Is this fixed somewhere?

I also had very irritating SLIC errors involving a city being an invalid embassy target. I got rid of all my diplomats, made sure there were no AI ones roaming around, and yet it persisted. Every turn, boom, error. Later in the game, ordering air units to move more than one square caused an error. These were both in a game using the ApolytonPack. It doesn't say what file the error occurs in, and I don't want to have to blunder through all that code trying to fix it if someone else has already done this.

Is there a unit upgrade feature? The AI is obviously doing it, and it sure would be convienent.

In any versions of CTP2 will the AI ever attack a city with 12 units in it if it has multiple armies surrounding?

1. Slic depending only mods are non ModSwapper mods. To much to make a new gamefile.txt just for adding a slic file.

To enable such a mod just open the file script.slc in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata folder and add to the end a line like this:

#include "example.slc"

The string between the quotation marks should be the name of the according slic file. For instance if you like to install frenzy than the string between the quotation marks should be: frenzy.slc

Another think to know is that every ModSwapper mod used its own prefix for its modified gamefiles. For example CRA_ is the prefix of Cradle, MM2_ for MedPack2 APOL_ for ApolytonPack CM2_ for CityMod2 GM1_ for GoodMod. So you have look for files with prefixes, too if you like to add a slic file to these mods.

But be warned frenzy is already a part of Cradle so you should get a lot of slic errors if you add it to the CRA_script.slc.
    And also a lot of the slic stuff that I wrote is part of the most mods like Cradle, MedPack2 and GoodMod (my own mod).

2. To be honest Dale retired from CTP2 in order to make his own mod. ApolytonPack is now more than half a year old. Most of the recent AI improvements didn't exist at this time and ApolytonPack was released before Dave figured out how to make the AI so aggresive as it is now in Cradle.

So the AI is more aggressive in ApolytonPack as in the original game but it could be more aggressive. But you could download ApolytonPack and GoodMod (for ApolytonPack).

I updated my mod at Christmas but to be honest I have only just understood some days before what Dave did in his strategies.txt. But fortunatly I will go on with developing GoodMod. But for now GoodMod for ApolytonPack is the best mod if you don't want to have any modifications to the tech tree.

3./4. Make shure that you installed the CTP2 patch and make also shure you have a line DebugSlic=No and not DebugSlic=Yes in your userprofile.txt in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp folder.

5. Yes but not in the default game. Immortal Wombat made it. And it is now part of Cradle.

BTW Ben did you made the unit updater for the default game, too? If yes, it would be you could show me where I can find. (I am just to lazy now to search for it )

6. It is possible to put the AI into suicide mode.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      5. Yes but not in the default game. Immortal Wombat made it. And it is now part of Cradle.

BTW Ben did you made the unit updater for the default game, too? If yes, it would be you could show me where I can find. (I am just to lazy now to search for it )
      Um actually Peter made it... I think it was originally for the default game, I'm not sure either. He'll be along some time
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally, I meant the Updater to be a sort of utility for modmakers. It's set up so that anyone can add it to their mod with some simple editing of a few arrays. Hexagonian used it in Cradle and I seem to recall someone using it in MedMod, but I don't think anyone ever did get around to filling in the arrays with the default data. I seem to have a number of copies of it on my HD and I don't know which one I sent to David so I've zipped the slic and strings from an early version of Cradle if you want to play with it.

2. To be honest Dale retired from CTP2 in order to make his own mod. ApolytonPack is now more than half a year old. Most of the recent AI improvements didn't exist at this time and ApolytonPack was released before Dave figured out how to make the AI so aggresive as it is now in Cradle.

Looks like it's about time we put together a new version.

I'm still working on NewDiplomod: I know the coding I'm doing for this is not very efficient but I just looked and NewDiplomod.slc weighs in at 181k, and is still growing. Somehow I've gotten imvolved in rewriting a large chunk of the
        whole damn response logic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Peter I downloaded the attachment twice. And both times I got an invalid *.zip file. And this is not the first not working attachment that I downloaded. I have the suspicion that you can't download a working attachment right now.

PS: OK finally I tried it with M$?I and I got the full attchment. I don't like it to use M$ products if it is not necessary.

-Martin
          Last edited by Martin Gühmann; January 8, 2002, 14:32.
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            Peter I downloaded the attachment twice. And both times I got an invalid *.zip file. And this is not the first not working attachment that I downloaded. I have the suspicion that you can't download a working attachment right now.
            Forward a copy to me and I will post it at my site, if the problem is with posting files at Apolyton
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
            X