Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBEM Human-Human Diplomacy through SLIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you need to make the dummy settlers invincible too...

Comment

On a custom map, where the "settlers" are on a worthless one tile arctic island...would work the best Of course these islands would have to be as far away from the main continent(s) as is possible and perhaps behind some sort of impassable terrain or invisible barrier. Sounds like a lot of work

Comment

oops, Jbytheway you beat me to it

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering how easy it would be to find a one-tile continent, or other empty area.

Invinsible is easy: CantAttackUnit(unit[0], 1);
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

If only we still had the space layer we could make them space engineers and then they'd be totally out of the way. I suppose that a sea engineer might still work... But I think that's complicating thing unnecessarily.

Comment

Thats not so hard, just give every player one of these "super settlers" at game start, the normal players will likely build cities with them and the dummies can be protected by themselves. This would be inside some kind of Mod Lite of course.

I wouldnt know how to blank the screen though.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Or do as they do in AoK, stick it in a boat, and float the boat right out the way, or stick in behind some mountains.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

So whos gonna test this with me eh?

Ill move this over to the pbem thread.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Has anyone been looking into getting this to work for Hotseat games?

Comment

Has anyone been looking into getting this to work for Hotseat games?
                      Do you mean the human-human diplomacy or the Hotseat fix for PBEM games?

I think the human diplomacy thing is on the backburner with the SLIC coder's, althoguh if we get the ctp2 source it looks good.

Comment

Yeah,human-human diplomacy IN a hotseat game. I love playing CTP in hotseat mode, diplomacy would be excellent

Is there a good chance of the source code being released? I much prefer CTP2 with the apolyton patch then Civ 3, the mods for it with source code would be endless (just look at Freespace II community for example!)

Thanks for the reply

Comment

At the moment theres a good chance of the source code being released, without getting too excited anyway. Check out this thread

Best now to wait and see how that unfolds before trying to fix diplomacy through modding (which is very tricky reading some posts above).

Comment

Working...
                          X